Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding an apartment in BA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebekah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Finding an apartment in BA? Reply with quote

My boyfriend and I have just moved here to Buenos Aires. We have enough hours to say we work here and more promised to come in the next few eeks as holidays are over and people are getting back to work and school. The biggest problem for us has been finding an apartment.

So, anyone know how to find a decent one bedroom (2amb) apartment without a garuntor and without having to pay thousands of pesos? I mean if they�re only going to pay me a pittance they can�t then turn around and charge me three-five times the rent of the locals! They simply can�t have it both ways...can they?!

Anyway, if anyone out there has any ideas how we can escape our roach-ridden hotel on the Plaza Dorrego and get ourselves into a roach-ridden flat of our own I will invite you over for warm cookies and milk as soon as we move in.

Thanks!

Rebekah
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: apartments in BA Reply with quote

I have two contacts you can try reaching on apartments in BA. These are people who do nothing else but locate places for people to live. You have to be able to negotiate if you don't want a co-signor or hefty deposits, but you have to back it up with dollars (or euros), not Argentine pesos. If you can't negotiate, of course, you'll always get highballed. Welcome to Latin America.

If you send me an email, I can give you phone numbers and/or emails.
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
slinky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: housing in buenos aires Reply with quote

Rebekah,

Agencies are easy, but expensive. I suggest looking in the Clar�n classificados (wed and sun are the best days). They are organized by neighborhood which is very helpful. Keep an eye out for listings from due�os (d�o) and ones that say sin gaurantia (s/gar), they will be easiest to negociate with. Be careful though, with the latter, some of them are scams in which they will try to sell you a false gauranty. Also, just talking to as many people as possible helps a lot. Connections are very important here and virtually everybody knows somebody or knows somebody who knows somebdy...etc.

I know of a 2 bedroom apartment available in flores for $400, if you're interested, or have any other questions, feel free to contact me off-list.

Sarah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: