Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best times of year to approach different types of employers.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanderingsalsero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Best times of year to approach different types of employers. Reply with quote

I want to go the Carnival in Barranquilla, Colombia. That's in the first week of March and presumably goes for a week or so.

That means that if I came down to Chile after that to job hunt I'd miss, for the most part, the possibility for jobs at public schools, right.......?

But I remember reading that there's other types of companies there (called......"institutes"?) that hire teachers and send'em around town. Is that right?

My feeling right now, based on the fact that I've never been to Chile but I have been in the public schools of S.Korea for 3.5 years, is that I think I'd enjoy the routine of going to different companies and teaching there. I think I'd like the opportunity to see the city and meet more business people.

Point is.....am I right on my assumptions about my potential job opportunities if I arrive sometime around 10 March?

I'm not worried about making a good impression in an interview. I've got an undergrad in Music Ed., a grad in International Business, 3.5 years teaching here in S.Korea, lots of business experience, enough Spanish to get by on the street and I'm good with people in general.

Thanks,
Art
Dia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, very reasonable. schools should be staffed and starting by then, though many probably have last minute problems to cover for if anybody suddenly took off or got a new job at the last minute. (if youre just arriving you probably wont have the connections to know about these cases, though)

you should be able to find institute work though probably not a full schedule right away. your qualifications sound great for it. most people enjoy the classes somewhat though complain about the schedule and travel, all the better if thats part of the fun for you!

good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: