Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAG -American Academy for Girls-KUwait
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starfell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
bedwiya

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you wasted your money flying here...but we told you so.
15yearsinQ8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another incidient where many, many teachers (many non-qualified) and administrators in Kuwait get jobs - the same people would never, never, never have been able to make it to the same level in their native country

Same can be said of many Lebanese and Egyptian businessmen here

Kuwait can truly suck

AAG has always been a 'powder puff, self esteem academy for lazy girls who couldn't test into better schools' instead of an actual place of school learning,
it's now a train wreck in slow motion as it self destructs in a downward spiral with "Da Fuher" - maybe the super is Adolf reincarnated.....
LLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLL
SandyG20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this school advertised in the past week - so I emailed a cover letter and cv - got an almost immediate response - but I was told to link the school site (there is no link) - has the school improved?

Pay sounds really good.

I am a licensed teacher - just getting a late contract due to another one not coming through as promised in the past few weeks.

Is this still a school to avoid?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chances of there having been any improvement since June are slim and none.

So, it depends on if you are desperate enough to take the chance in order to get the pay. From what I have seen over the years, it normally seems to take about 3 years of all their teachers leaving en masse before a school owner/Dean will finally ax the management person who is causing all the problems.

If you get to speak with them, ask if they still have the same superintendent. Wink

VS
SandyG20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veiled sentiments - could you pm me the superintendents name or the principal or contact person - I will see if it is the same as the email response.

Strange how the email said it would have the direct link to the school and photos - but there is no link.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starfell might know it. I don't... sorry.

VS
wildgander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Seeking current info on AAG Reply with quote

The last post in this thread was in September. Anyone have current information as to how the school is doing? There is a job opening there and they seem to pay pretty well but the situation sounds intolerable or approaching intolerable. Anyone know if there as been any improvement?

Thank you.

Wildgander
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that there is always a job opening... hopefully Starfell is around, but it would suggest to me that this means that nothing has changed yet.

I would avoid if you can't contact anyone in the know.

VS
wildgander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou, VS.

I'm getting a picture that it is not only this school but that Kuwait may be the most difficult of Middle East countries to work in. What do you or anyone else think of my impression?

Wildgander
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked in Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, and the UAE... and Kuwait was the least pleasant place to live and work. I stayed a year... wouldn't have considered going back. There are really not many good jobs there in EFL.

But, that said, I believe that Saudi is the most difficult to live and work in, at least for a woman. For men there are a lot more jobs there.

VS
bedwiya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: AAG Reply with quote

The same woman is still in charge. Things have not improved. I would be interested to hear what salary they offered you - they are notorious for NOT paying well. Things seldom ever improve in Kuwait, once things start to roll downhill they hardly ever get better...only worse.
Sam.Paints

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: AAG Reply with quote

After the lack of professional behavior from certain administrative staff at this school, I am less than thrilled. If I would have listened to what individuals were saying on this forum, I might have backed off instead of "attempting" to see for myself. From what I have had to endure dealing with certain individuals, I've learned quite the valuable lesson-NEVER AGAIN..I'd like to know which is the best school to teach at in Kuwait??thoughts??
Warning Bells

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting a job offer (with no interview) from Dr. C.T., I asked this question: 'Could I see a copy of the contract?'

AAG's response:
'We do not give contract out for inspection because is a legal document.'

I did not reply and they keep sending me job offers every other month without a contract. Who on earth would ever consider a job without ever seeing a contract?!
Sam.Paints

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: AAG Reply with quote

She asked if I could come teach early and I said sure, I'll gladly come over but please send me a copy of the contract to be reviewed by my attorney. The next morning I discovered a lovely message from her stating they hired someone already in the country-If you cant give someone a contract to review and if the word "attorney" intimidates you-then don't bother trying to hire American people to do the work. I also discovered (from a teacher at AAG) that they often pay substitutes next to nothing to do the regular amount of work as a full time teacher, they are constantly losing people and the reputation of the school is garbage. I love Kuwait, I love Kuwaiti people but AAG--nah, I'll hold out for something better with LEGAL LEGITIMATE DOCUMENTATION

For all of you reading these posts, DO NOT IGNORE-THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE AND WASTE OF TIME EVEN COMMUNICATING WITH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: