Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing,Location+ other questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diesel-dachshund

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Timing,Location+ other questions Reply with quote

I am currently a teacher in Korea. My contract here ends Nov 30th.

I want to spend 12+ months in Germany. I am a UK passport holder.

Basically my questions are:

- What chance do I have of getting a job if I arrive in December? I am prepared to quit my jobs here to arrive August as I hear thats the best time but is there work at other times?

- I dont know what city to go to and I have no preference. Is there any places that have better opportunities?

- How much typically can I expect to pay in rent? I am looking for something small (studio) but not sharing and I am brining a small dog.

- If I arrive in August, realistically, will I find work for September? I have a degree (physical education) 3yrs work with kids in an activity centre and 2years ESL teaching in Korea and 100hr TESOL.

Please help me make the decision to quit my current job in Korea in August or stay until November.

Thanks in advance
decafdave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm in a similar situation-teaching in Korea. I know the employment outlook for complete newbies is horrendous in Germany but what about those of us with 1-2 years experience?

I've had experience with a major investment firm and was a finance major so business English is a possibility. Unfortunately, I don't speak German! I'll be in Korea for a long time though so do you think I'll have any luck?
Insubordination

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried in early December 2008 in Bremen and all the colleges were closed/closing for Christmas. I got a few nibbles for odd hours, but not really what I was after. Instead of trying for another city, I went to Spain.

I don't think December is the best month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: