Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prices in Vietnam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdawg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Prices in Vietnam Reply with quote

Just curious, Vietnam is a possible teaching destination for me

Rent?
Food?
Utilities?

I know there is a dual pricing system. How much does this system increase the prices by?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: PRICES IN VIETNAM Reply with quote

RENT WAS $300 U.S. per month for a very nice room with air con. western style bathroom and shared kitchen with one other flat. It also had cable T.V. $10 U.S. per night is about the going rate - cheaper than here in China, and if you are staying long term you may be able to get it for less.

Food is very cheap - same as China.

Utilities were included in rent, so I do not know the cost of them.

I was offered $10 U.S. per HOUR to teach - without a Degree, without Qualifications or experience, so if you have those things, you should bge able to get around $15 U.S. per hour. The Schools let you pick your own hours and I was planning on teaching 3 hours per day 5 days per week - i.e 6 - 9 p.m. Monday to Friday and that would have given me plenty to live on.

YOU CANNOT GET A JOB OVER THE INTERNET. YOU HAVE TO GO TO VIETNAM - THEY LIKE TO SEE YOU FIRST, BUT YOU WOULD BE WORKING WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK - PLENTY OF WORK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: