Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Employment Visa Process
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ummkhadija

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha, holoholo girl

It is more expensive to go through an intermediary, however, if you look at the paperwork needed for a employment visa, you have three different offices that you need to send your paperwork to, and the authentication office that is on the saudi embassy page (http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth) states that the "Authentication of documents takes approximately 25 business days to process from the time of receipt**.

Personally that was too long, but you may try it all on your own. The office found on the Enjaz page, will do it for you, and will process your visa within about 7-10 business days. So, I personally felt more comfortable, just having it all looked over and done by individuals who have worked with the Saudi embassy, because questions to the embassy just took way to long to get answered, and when they were, it was quick and with no real interest in helping you.

My thoughts Cool

UmmKhadija
holoholo girl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly UmmKhadija. Thank you for the information
fearnot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UmmKhadija,
Thanks so much for replying. All I have up until now is a visa number and the date when it was issued. I still don't have an official contract with stamps and signature on it (just a simple email with my salary package and other details).
Quote:
I used one of the Visa Offices Registered with Enjaz.
Can you please share how much did they charge you for their services and how much help did you get from them in the whole process? Was it worth hiring visa services agency?

Regards
ummkhadija

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello: Fearnot

Quote:
All I have up until now is a visa number and the date when it was issued. I still don't have an official contract with stamps and signature on it (just a simple email with my salary package and other details).

You are going to need much more than that to be able to apply for the empoyment visa, on the Saudi employment visa page it states that you need; 1. A reference note showing the number and the date of the employment visa issued from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any of its branches in Jeddah or Dammam.

2. The original letter from the company in Saudi Arabia sponsoring the applicant, certified both by the Saudi Chamber of Commerce and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The letter MUST indicate the block visa number, date, position and the name of the person requested. If such a letter is submitted through a visa service agency, then the letter should include an authorization from the company allowing the agency to finish all the requirements to get the visa, block visa number and date.

So, you may want to call your employer since email doesn't seem to be working to well, and see when they can get this to you, or you also may ask if they are asking you to come on a business type visa or government visa; however based on what I have read in this forum, an employment visa is the best way to go, so that you can get the iqama (residence card).

Quote:
Can you please share how much did they charge you for their services and how much help did you get from them in the whole process? Was it worth hiring visa services agency?

For the employment visa they charged me 175.00 USD and for each individual in my family (they applied for a residence visa), they charged me 55.00 USD. So, its a big chunk of change, but they have been quick to answer any questions I have, and that has made it easier for me.

Well, I still had to do all the work (the medical, getting my transcripts, the notarization, etc.), however they get all the stuff together and look it over, tell me if something is missing, and then they will walk over to the embassy and give it to them.

Have a nice day!

UmmKhadija
fearnot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be on the record ... I did get a hold of someone in the consular section at Saudi Embassy D.C. Unlike the popular belief, two ladies I talked to were very responsive, answered all my questions with a lot of details, and even called me back on my cell for an answer they couldn't give right away. One even emailed me all the paperwork and asked me to call her or email her if I needed anything.
From what she told me, I would not be able to take my family with me and I will have to travel to Saudi Arabia, get my iqammah, and then bring in my wife and child. Any experience in how long it will take for me to get the iqammah in Saudi Arabia and go through all the process?
On a strange note, she told me that I had 2 visas on my name. One was recent and the other one was issued last year. I have been waiting for over a year and I think university did get a visa issued for me but just forgot to tell me about that. There was some miscommunication somewhere.
highopes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I would like to thank this forum and to all those who are sharing their thoughts ,advices & experiences here which are so much beneficial to people like us.

My case is similar to Fearnot as I am also waiting for the visa for the last 11 months and still there is no sign ..�only the hope. I signed the preliminary offer from a college in Riyadh last year in July 2009 and since then I am waiting. I am continuously in touch with the Head of the college as I was hired by him directly. He is a very nice man and he is kept telling me that �I should wait �the visa will come any day as it takes more time for the N.American & European countries � but my point is for how many more months should I wait. I can�t think that person is just giving me excuses for no reason. Should I call the embassy in Ottawa to enquire but from this forum I came to know this also that we cannot proceed with any case without the visa no. Please is there anyone to help me out with their valuable advice? I will be grateful. Thanks in advance.
fearnot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UmmKhadija,
A quick question for you (or anyone who has recently gone through Saudi visa process in the US):

1- What was the cost of medical exam and lab tests required by the Saudi Embassy?
2- Did your insurance cover any part of it or did you have to pay everything out of your own pocket?
3- The form states at the end "SUBMIT TO THE CONSULAR SECTION THREE ORIGINALS COPIES OF THIS MEDICAL REPORT ..." So do we have to turn in the original form AND 3 copies of it or just the copies (as it states)?
4- Finally, what's the deal with all the stamps on form i.e. department of health, state authority, and the physician himself/herself?

Thanks in advance for any info/help.
pikaard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just finished my medical exam.

Quote:
1- What was the cost of medical exam and lab tests required by the Saudi Embassy?
2- Did your insurance cover any part of it or did you have to pay everything out of your own pocket?

I haven't made any payment yet. I am waiting for the bill.

Quote:

3- The form states at the end "SUBMIT TO THE CONSULAR SECTION THREE ORIGINALS COPIES OF THIS MEDICAL REPORT ..." So do we have to turn in the original form AND 3 copies of it or just the copies (as it states)?

I asked my physician to fill out 3 forms. I just made a copy for my records. Also do not forget to include 2 copies of your test results.

Quote:

4- Finally, what's the deal with all the stamps on form i.e. department of health, state authority, and the physician himself/herself?

I live in Florida. My physician suggested me to contact a division of the Health Department where physicians renew their licenses. In Florida that division is called The Division of Medical Quality Assurance. They gave me a separate paper with a state seal on it. It says my physician is allowed to practice medicine in Florida. However the officer at the Health Department said that they could not sign the embassy's medical report so I attached their sealed paper to my medical report.

I have collected all the required documents. I am going to mail my package soon. Since I have not received my visa yet, I cannot guarantee you that this is the right way to do things. But this is how I have done it and this is how I am going to mail my package.

The only thing that I need to do before I mail my folder is to fill the online enjaz form. Except the ID Number box, I know how to fill the rest. So I do not want to pay $175 to a travel agency. Does anybody know what is meant by ID number? I have tried to get this information from Embassy and from Cultural Mission of Saudi Arabia but I could not.

Best,
aash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: enjaz is a problem Reply with quote

I had the same problem when I was applying for Saudi visa.
It�s very long process. I did all of my work by myself accept enjaz, i don�t know why they made it so complicated. I tried many times to fill enjaz online, but all in vane, and at last I contacted an agent in downtown Toronto who filled online enjaz application and charged 3OO$ .(for me and my family).
Good luck!
ummkhadija

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello:

highhopes:
Quote:
�I should wait �the visa will come any day as it takes more time for the N.American & European countries � but my point is for how many more months should I wait. I can�t think that person is just giving me excuses for no reason. Should I call the embassy in Ottawa to enquire but from this forum I came to know this also that we cannot proceed with any case without the visa no. Please is there anyone to help me out with their valuable advice? I will be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Well, this is a challenge, because it sounds like the individual you are talking to knows that you have not received a visa from them, but whats you to wait until they can send you one. It took my future employer one week to send me mine, but I am sure it can take months for others. With the offer that they gave you, when was the start date? Because it seems they want you to get a legitimate work visa and and for some reason they haven't been able to give it you, but 11 months is quite a bit. However, if you wish to really work with them, you like the offer they are giving you, than just wait it out, you have nothing to lose, unless you have quit your job, sold your house or anything like that, than I would begin to worry.

Fearnot:
Quote:
A quick question for you (or anyone who has recently gone through Saudi visa process in the US):

Quote:
1- What was the cost of medical exam and lab tests required by the Saudi Embassy? 2- Did your insurance cover any part of it or did you have to pay everything out of your own pocket?

I only had to pay my co-pay since I have insurance, so mine was 20$ for the office visit and 20 $ for the TB screening.

Quote:

I turned in three originals, my MD was a little irked by it, but her husband had worked in KSA before and she knew how they could be with some of their paperwork.

Quote:

I had to send my documents to the WA State Department of Health, and they added the seal to where it states on the bottom left part of the page on each page. I made no copies for them, I just kept a copy for myself.

UmmKhadija
fearnot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UmmKhadija:
Thanks so much for your help. A couple of quick questions for you or anyone going through the same process:

1- I am also trying to avoid paying $175 for the visa services but I am stuck on Enjaz. I am not sure what "ID Number" and "Sponsor ID" field is. Also, it has "Persons Accompanying in Passport" section at the bottom. What does "Accompanying in Passport" mean? Are these the relatives (spouse/children) who will accompany me to KSA?

2- In degree authentication, it states "Verification from www.degreeverify.com or www.degreechk.com." Is it something we have to do and print/send results of it to the embassy along with the other stuff or will it be Saudi Embassy checking our degrees from these websites?

This visa process is just a nightmare. Instructions are so sketchy and vague that I might end up doing a lot myself and then pay to a travel agency anyway.

Regards
pikaard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

2- In degree authentication, it states "Verification from www.degreeverify.com or www.degreechk.com." Is it something we have to do and print/send results of it to the embassy along with the other stuff or will it be Saudi Embassy checking our degrees from these websites?

Go to www.degreeverify.com. Enter your information. Pay 10 USD and print the pdf files.

However do not send it to the Embassy but to Cultural Mission of Saudi Arabia with other documents required for degree authentication. One of these documents is the diploma of your highest degree. Cultural Mission puts a red stamp on your diploma and mails it back to you. You put that stamped diploma in the package that you send back to Cultural Mission.

In my case authentication took a week, mailed it Monday by USPS' Express Mail with a return envelop and received it back Friday.

Best,

Last edited by pikaard on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
lcanupp1964

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add a tip...

When you have all your paperwork ready to be sent, and if you are going to teach at a university in KSA, send your completed package to the Cultural Mission of Saudi Arabia in D.C. and not the embassy. At the bottom of the application that you print from embassy website, the address at the bottom is for the embassy, but you need to send it to the Cultural Mission of Saudi Arabia. They handle all the visa requests for Americans going to teach at universities in KSA. They will still need to request the visa from the embassy's visa section, but they need to see your paperwork first. I sent all my paperwork to the embassy and it just sat there for a week and nobody bothered to route it to the Cultural Mission of Saudi Arabia. I had to then write a letter officially requesting that the embassy send it to the Cultural Mission.
lcanupp1964

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to confuse anybody that is getting a visa to teach at a university in KSA for the first time, so I wanted to restate that when ALL you paperwork and documents are back and its ready to be sent in order to process your visa, send everything to the Cultural Mission and not the embassy in D.C. They will �manage� the visa process for you and they will send your passport back to you with the visa stamp. If your are teaching at a public/private school, or a business like a Wall Street English, you send your completed package to the embassy.
pikaard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lcanupp1964 wrote:
I don't want to confuse anybody that is getting a visa to teach at a university in KSA for the first time, so I wanted to restate that when ALL you paperwork and documents are back and its ready to be sent in order to process your visa, send everything to the Cultural Mission and not the embassy in D.C.

I agree. In fact that is what I did. I will edit my post to avoid confusion. I wrote very late at night my reply. Thank you lcanupp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: