Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESL Schools in Avignon - please help!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeb016

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: ESL Schools in Avignon - please help!! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm moving to Avignon at the end of the summer and I'm going to be looking flat out for ESL schools in the town. So far my searches have proven a little futile..!

About me: I'm Irish, 29, CELTA certified with 3 years of ESL experience in Istanbul and bonny Scotland. Good level of French with a BA and Master's (not in ESL though).

Does anyone have any advice or experience of good places to start to find prof/lecteur/vacataire positions in Avignon??

Many thanks,

Michael
TT-Kira

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live & work in the Languedoc Roussillon region and get the 'pole-emploi' positions sent to me on a daily basis, have done for almost 8 years!

I very occasionally see positions in Avignon, more often in Nimes and quite a few around the Montpellier region but these are all hourly paid posts.

Not sure about vacataire positions, there possibly are some, but like here I would not 'rely' on them.

Since setting up my own company 7yrs ago, I go after anything, the work situation isn't good in this region - regularly do 1,000km a week!

Bonne courage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That info is useful to me too, so thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: