Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CELTA location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiskeyecho wrote:
So, it's been a little over a week and no responses yet. Maybe my post was a wee bit too long?

After hearing rumors about CELTAs obtained in China being viewed as "sub-par" to those obtained in the West by employers outside of China (ie. Japan), my worries have been rekindled. Confused

I apologize for pestering and wordiness, but can anyone enlighten me on this topic (specifically my original Thailand worry)?

Thanks. Very Happy Wink

I've never heard such rumours about CELTAs undertaken in China. What's your source?

A CELTA or DELTA is fine wherever you do it; the quality is largely reliant on the trainers contracted to work on any given course. I did a CELTA in Australia and DELTA in Poland ten years later. So far no one has ever queried me (or others I've known with either credential) regarding 'which' centre they were obtained at.

In any case, a CELTA is a bare basic entry-level qualification; it is the subsequent experience and higher-level professional development (such as MA TESOL) which really count in the eyes of 'quality' potential employers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: