Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Age a problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadebugo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Age a problem? Reply with quote

I've been teaching EFL for the last 15 years (most of that with the US government) and hope to retire at the age of 60 with a civil servant pension. Still, 60 is too young to shut down completely so I was wondering if age was a problem for teaching in Costa Rica as it is in some Asian countries? I would like to work part-time at the least and hope I can despite my age at that time. FYI, I have an MATEFL and oodles of experience across the spectrum of the profession. Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Sadebugo
http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/
zeddiez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Age a problem? Reply with quote

Hey Sadebugo,

I don't think age is a problem for most English companies/schools. I know IESA and Whittemore de Costa Rica will hire you everyday and twice on Sunday! Good luck!

Eddie
Sadebugo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Age a problem? Reply with quote

zeddiez wrote:
Hey Sadebugo,

I don't think age is a problem for most English companies/schools. I know IESA and Whittemore de Costa Rica will hire you everyday and twice on Sunday! Good luck!

Eddie

Thanks, Eddie! It's still a while down the road, but it's good to know it's not like many countries in Asia. Money would not be the issue, I would just want to be involved in the community and teaching would be the best way to start.

Sadebugo
PuraVidas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to work with teachers of all ages, including those in their "golden years." As long as you can keep your students coming back to class and have a real desire to help people learn, you'll have no trouble finding ESL work in the Central Valley.
Sadebugo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuraVidas wrote:
I used to work with teachers of all ages, including those in their "golden years." As long as you can keep your students coming back to class and have a real desire to help people learn, you'll have no trouble finding ESL work in the Central Valley.

Thanks! Doing the above has been my whole career.

Sadebugo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: