Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

your opinions please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: your opinions please Reply with quote

I am thinking about using the 50-50 text from Longman for my students this year. If anyone has used it, what do you think about it? Were the listening parts
hard? For tenth grade I am thinking about the Intro book and for the 11th and 12th graders, the first book.

Also if anyone has used Let`s Talk or Interchange, please tell me what you think about those books.

Brooks

Machida shi, Tokyo
G Cthulhu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: your opinions please Reply with quote

Brooks wrote:

For tenth grade I am thinking about the Intro book and for the 11th and 12th graders, the first book.

My opinion is that I wish people would stop describing Japanese classes/age groups in the form of their home country education system.
Celeste

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used 50-50 before, and I really liked it. The listening segments are not too hard, and the communicative activities are quite good.

I HATE the Interchange series with a passion. I find that the dialogues are often too difficult at the lower levels, the grammar points are inadequately covered, the pronunciation never works on basic phonemes, and the reading is too short to be of any real value. I have had to teach from this series a number of times, and I always end up supplementing it so heavily that I may as well have provided a whole different textbook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: