Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the point?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drgonzo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: What is the point? Reply with quote

This time I will not offend anyone.
There really is no point in reading this site for advice, since they take off anything the employer does not agree with.
So come here for positive comments, but negatives are removed.
Email me at [email protected] if you care to know what I mean.

Mike
rayman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. There was an informative and honest post on the Job Information Journal warning of the troubles had at a notoriously unscrupulous shool. Such posts are what potentially help save honest employees thousands of dollars and otherwise unwasted time and effort.

FG Qmvju, Ufcfu, Ubohfsboh boe Uvokvoh Evsfa xjmm TDSFX V PWSFS!

Make haste and take heed.
rayman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add - the helpful post on the Job Informtain Journal was deleted after 2 days.

Cheers
rayman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops - that should be PWFS, not PWSFS. Apologies for any confusion.
ls650

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: What is the point? Reply with quote

drgonzo wrote:
This time I will not offend anyone.
There really is no point in reading this site for advice, since they take off anything the employer does not agree with.

I also noticed that the postings in question disappeared, but... other countries DO have negative comments posted, and all the older negative comments about Indonesia are still there.

Idea My guess is that the computer files for the Indonesia journals were accidentally deleted, then restored from an old backup, losing the most recent additions in the process.
drgonzo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that this posting was lost accidentally. It was the only recent posting removed, and it was because the school, location, and people involved where all named, or so I suspect.

I assume that the unscrupulous school in question contacted the owner of this board and demanded to have it removed or threatened legal action.
I am not longer working as an English teacher, so I do not really care about all this crap. I was just trying to offer some valuable insights for potential employees, not to slander a company.

I get very annoyed when I try to offer valuable advice and it is not posted because it is negative about a company. Instead of intimidating people, perhaps the school should work to correct its management problems. This is one more sign that they are not learning from their mistakes.

Better yet, someone from the school could have challenged my observations, but they didn't. They didn't because they know what I say is absolutely true and accurate.

I am also disappointed in the owners and moderators of this board. I truly believe they are cowards for buckling at the knees and giving into corporate demands.

My advice to potential teachers... take all advice on this board with a grain of salt. It is censored. Contact some ex-teachers themselves, if you can, to find out about a school.

My email address is [email protected], and I am more than happy to share my experiences at ILP Pancoran.

Mike
ls650

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drgonzo wrote:
I doubt that this posting was lost accidentally. It was the only recent posting removed, and it was because the school, location, and people involved where all named, or so I suspect.

I noticed that some recent postings regarding an EF school also disappeared.

I seriously doubt that it's ESLCafe.com censoring the posts: plenty of other negative posts about other countries are still up - and a lot of those posts mention locations and names.

It's simple enough to know if you are right - simply submit your report again and see if it stays on this time.... Wink
drgonzo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would post my original posting again, but I have deleted it, and I don't feel like writing it again.
Basically ILP Pancoran coporate division should be avoided if possible. Why? Because of management issues. They are a bunch of liars.
Thats all I feel like saying now. I'll let one of the other ex-ILP'ers post their comments.
willy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I TOO FEEL VERY DISAPPOINTED IN DAVE�S TO SAY THE LEAST; I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE POSTS WERE TRUE. AND PERSONALLY CONSIDER IT VERY BAD FORM TO REMOVE THEM!!!
willy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juat to keep this thing on top, i have herd that ILP is is losing students and i have had some of my old students sms me and it sounds liks its going down hill, at least in the main office...

funny thing how karma works.....
Chester

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: ILP Pancoran Reply with quote

I worked for ILP Corporate Division for one year. I agree with the comments posted. The non-indigenous female middle management are very strange. They spend most of their time trying to humiliate the male teachers. Their treatment of what was a very talented group of teachers I would describe as disgraceful. I am also aware of the case of "Willy". he was teaching for the general English Division. Middle management didnt like him, either. so they cancelled all his classes but didnt cancell his contract so he would get no salary but could not work for another company. Nice huh?

Dont work for ILP. the salary is 10 mill per month, but its not worth it.
longtimeteach

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: informative and timely posts Reply with quote

I appreciated being able to read the comments here and hope that the possibility of censoring or removing posts isn't true. I was offered a job at ILP and had been scratching my head about whether or not to accept.

After reading the posts here I won't. Thanks for some frank discussion - this is one reader who sincerely appreciates being able to read the 'warts and all' descriptions of schools.
butterbrot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: it would be nice Reply with quote

It would be nice if there was a website discussion group where all the negatives about language schools around the world could be published. If the website didn't take advertising from language schools, they'd have nothing to lose by allowing people to publish frank comments about their experiences. So many bad schools and so many language teachers have to go through the same awful experiences as others without having benefit of knowing the score beforehand. That's a bad thing and that's how the substandard language schools stay in business - they keep getting new blood despite what's been done to many other teachers before them because the information isn't getting out.
Chester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Point.
Money talks in every medium.
Say what you like, as long as we like what you say.
that is as long as our sponsors are happy.
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods have admitted elsewhere on this site that negative reports on schools that are also paying clients of Dave's are a no no. Personally I reckon that if he can't offer an uncorrupted service, regarding reports on schools, he shouldn't offer it at all.
However, besides that, reports tend to be coloured by the very personal experiences of those who write them and are either very negative or very positive but seldom objective.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: