Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Courses in the Philippines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loveeatsleep

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Courses in the Philippines Reply with quote

I've noticed that there's only a topic for ESL Teachers looking for "Schools" in the PH where they can teach so this one is just for anyone interested or looking for a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or related program or courses in the country.

TEFL INTERNATIONAL
Cebu

ANOTHER TEFL INTERNATIONAL
Cebu

HARVEST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL INTERNATIONAL
Cebu

CLARK EDUCATION CITY (AUSTRALIA)
Clark, Pampanga

TESL TRAINING CENTER
Quezon City, Manila

That's all i have for now. I'm still confused with "TEFL INTERNATIONAL" like which one is the legit or are they all the same or what. And i still could not find any CELTA program here.

Feel free to contribute. Thanks and good day.
tttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From experience I can tell you that the ones in Cebu do NOT run regular in-class courses.

They will only run a course if they can get 10 in a group to sign up.

They will sell you an on-line course of questionable value.

sarahgregorio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently taking up the TESOL course in Clark Education City. Our principal lecturer is Maria Binder but we sometimes have Dr. Paul Robertson coming in for lectures.

I'd recommend this certification for several reasons:

1. The lecturers are all qualified, experienced and leaders in the field of TESOL. Since Clark Education City is an Australian school, you'll be getting Australian teachers and training.
2. It's accredited by ITAA - International TESOL Accreditation Authority
3. It's supported by the Asian EFL Journal, with Dr. Paul Robertson as the CEO. (Dr. David Nunan's Anaheim University supports Asian EFL Journal TESOL certification) I'm not finished with the course yet, but Dr. Robertson told us we'll be getting an Asian EFL Journal certification as well.
4. It has international linkages. Clark Education City will be holding a major international TESOL convention this November where Dr. Rod Ellis himself will be the primary speaker.

There is another TESOL giving body here AMERICAN TESOL somewhere in Ortigas or Makati. I tried calling before to ask up about its lecturers' qualifications. However, I was told that they could not provide the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: