Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ministry Of Defence Warning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmowshinallChicken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: MoD here I come.... Reply with quote

Is this place really as good as they say....a great place to work....here I come.....cooooooooooooooooool.....kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda cuuuuute Wink
Christian St.Bacon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: MoD Kuwait Reply with quote

how is life/work in this place now....

shukran very much
Wink
Nuslim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: It's All True! Reply with quote

This place is a nightmare. Everything written about it is true, and worse from my personal experience. Avoid it like the plague.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my visits to the State of Kuwait I used to take a deep breath and thank the Allmighty that I worked in KSA !

Last edited by scot47 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
cfaulkner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard this place is one of the worst employers in TESOL.
MMK1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not quite as good as that...
Ashlee Peppercorn Monday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that the Scottish thug who was the cause of so much unrest was finally let go from MoD for failing to deliver a clean criminal record. Reported he got into another physical altercation with a teacher. He is now teaching at AUK as a IELTS and General English Instructor..His resume has been puffed up considerably, take a look at: http://www.auk.edu.kw/cce/cce_instructors.jsp

Apparently more trouble brewed at MoD with a teacher (the aforementioned pimp/dealer from D.C) contracting TB. According to sources, he was allowed to stay on possibly infecting other teachers.

MoD never changes. Razz
MMK1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Omar for convenience...? Reply with quote

http://www.auk.edu.kw/cce/cce_instructors.jsp
very interesting and funny
has he gone back to his 'Scottish' name - Omar, didn't last long then..!!

would you bet the 'beard n' braces' are still there?
disCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET...!!!
Wink
cfaulkner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Hold on Reply with quote

Hold on. There was a teacher at this place who contracted TB and walked around with it on the job, possibly infecting others? What a place.
Ashlee Peppercorn Monday

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you can watch the aforementioned Scot deliver his nonsense:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU2uU4OXEJk
Question
MMK1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: beard...but where are the braces...? Reply with quote

Torrrrrrrrkagoodgame.. Laughing

painful nonsense at its best though...an art form Smile

MOD EDIT
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds English to me, and his surname is Irish.
cfaulkner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone going to one of these middle east employers should be well aware that although a lot of the region doesn't require a CBC, you WILL be checked by your colleagues who are from the west. And if somebody is clean, that means nothing. There are plenty of acts of violence that go unpunished in TESOL, especially in the middle east. One will be rejected for having a 20-year-old misdemeanor while somebody else gets to keep his job after beating the tar out of a colleague yesterday. Getting busted for stealing a pack of bubble gum during the Reagan years will get you shown the door, but you can beat the daylights out of somebody tomorrow in a vicious attack while in the middle east and nothing will happen to you. What is more, most states in the US allow expungements. Some even allow expungments of felonies. Two states in the USA don't allow expungements ever, no matter the conviction. Time since the conviction must be taken into account. The crime itself must be taken into account as well.
JRJohn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Weird Thing About Al Marefa Reply with quote

Before reading this thread about Al Marefa and the ministry of defence in Kuwait, I had just applied to work there. I had replied to ad ad on www.tefl.com by Al Marefa. I was to contact a Dr. Yasser Aly.
He sent me an e-mail asking for copies of my certificates and passport copy. I then looked at your thread about the school for officers. Good Lord!
Then I got an other e-mail from Dr. Yasser Aly. He wrote that actually, he was in Madrid, and his hotel had been burned in a fire. Not only that but he had no phone. He could not call but only send e-mails. He had no money at all. He was in a spot of bother right now and could I spare him a few bob? I suppose I'm expected to go to Western Union or something.
I can only assume his e-mail has been hacked into. So I cannot complete the job application.
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same email. Shall we take up a collection? Anyway, the real scam is that if you have an MA he will offer you a management position...but not really. You have to arrive in Kuwait as a teacher and then you will be "upgraded," assuming you pass the final approval. Yeah, right.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: