Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Immigration question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MotherF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Online Immigration question Reply with quote

So for renewals of FM3s and 2s you now fill in a preform online before going to the immigration office. I'm just helping a new arrival get ready to submit their paperwork to change from a Tourist visa to an FM3. That does not seem to be available online. Only renewals. Is that correct?

Our local immigration office is a couple of hours away from here, so we can't just pop down and ask and then go back the next day. We tried last week to phone and the person who answered did not want to give out any information over the phone they basically did want us to go in and get the information, then get everything ready and then go back again. We hope to avoid extra trips if possible.
TeresaLopez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Online Immigration question Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:
So for renewals of FM3s and 2s you now fill in a preform online before going to the immigration office. I'm just helping a new arrival get ready to submit their paperwork to change from a Tourist visa to an FM3. That does not seem to be available online. Only renewals. Is that correct?

Our local immigration office is a couple of hours away from here, so we can't just pop down and ask and then go back the next day. We tried last week to phone and the person who answered did not want to give out any information over the phone they basically did want us to go in and get the information, then get everything ready and then go back again. We hope to avoid extra trips if possible.

I think you can email them with questions. I don�t know if it is different in different places, but in DF you can print off the form for the initial application and a checklist of things to bring, as well.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm just helping a new arrival get ready to submit their paperwork to change from a Tourist visa to an FM3. That does not seem to be available online. Only renewals. Is that correct?

You don't actually submit anything online...you just complete a form online, print it off, and bring it in. Not sure if the checklist is available online or not, but you'll still have to go in to get the bank payment form before proceeding anyway.

Correction: oh now I'm not sure if you can generate the payment form on your own or if you have to go to migra to get it.

http://www.inami.gob.mx/index.php/page/Solicitudes_de_Tramites

Everything looks brand new on this site now. Much more informative.

Last edited by Guy Courchesne on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Professor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jaltembajalapeno.com/lang/en/foreign-residents/mexico-visas-%e2%80%93-fmm-fm2-and-fm3/

See if the above link has any helpful information on it that you can use. I got it from mexconnect.com on the forum Living, Working, Retiring. User johang.

Here in the DF when I dropped off my paper work (after paying across the street), the person who received my papers looked through everything to make sure I had everything. If something is missing or not correct, they will tell you.
So try to make sure you have all of the documents before heading out to the Migracion office.
MotherF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Professor, your link was very helpful. I was looking for something that said cambio de caracteristica migratoria right from the start, when it's actually in the second pull down menu that you get to.
Professor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:
Thank you Professor, your link was very helpful. I was looking for something that said cambio de caracteristica migratoria right from the start, when it's actually in the second pull down menu that you get to.

You're welcome. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: