Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARAMCO Interview - Help required
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Never Ceased To Be Amazed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talktome wrote:
I am psyching myself up to go to Texas more than anything.

Well, THAT I COMPLETELY get... Don't mess with Texas...(Sung with a goofy, hickey twang Rolling Eyes )

NCTBA
talktome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely report back after the interview.

Off-topic~ What is there to do in Houston on a Friday night?
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear there are some really good mosques.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always go down to the Houston Ship Channel and watch the paint peel offa the tramp frieghters on their way to Bolivia...

NCTBA
spiral78

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to spend a night in Houston once. I admit I wasn't very enterprising, but the only thing I found to do within walking distance of my hotel (couldn't locate anything resembling pulic transport - or sidewalks!) was to eat some plastic food at a plastic chain restaurant along with some thankfully decent California wine. It took relatively a lot of wine, but the evening wasn't a total washout after all.....
Bebsi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...this thread is about the Aramco operation in Houston, yes? Very useful indeed!
Tjames426

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an interview in Houston on November 1st. But I'm not sure if it is with Aramco or not. It might be with a recruiter for Aramco.It is at the Doubletree Suite Hotel.

Can anyone enlighten me?
Bebsi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Tjames, it's not often someone asks a question along the lines of, "I have an interview but I don't know who with; can anyone tell me?"

I can help you with the Doubletree Hotel. You will recognize it by the two palms outside, and I could be wrong about this, but I suspect there will be a sign with the name on it there as well. Laughing

Okay, I'm engaging in some urinary extraction here.

Seriously, if the job is for any kind of teaching or training position, it will in all likelihood be with a contractor, as this is something Aramco has been outsourcing for almost twenty years now. Does your letter not say something like, "...with Mr. **** of HAK Company (or SRACO...or whatever)...etc"?

If you see any such reference, then it will indeed be a contractor. If it's a direct hire, it will say something like, "Mr **** of Aramco Human Resources Dept"...or something similar.

Hope this is useful Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it is Aramco Services Company and they interview at their headquarters...jes' put you up for a night at a hotel after flying you in. Bebsi, is essentially correct, but there ARE some teaching positions outside of their school for the kiddies. Those direct-hire jobs are as rare as hen's teeth, I hear...

NCTBA
talktome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interview was at the Double Tree Hotel located in the Galleria section of Houston, which had tons of clubs and bars along with one strip where my hotel was on.
A word of warning- don't expect much to be open after 10pm except a few bars and clubs since that area is also a very dangerous area as well.
If you could, try to get a car rental since public transit is not very frequent.
However, all the major hotels in the area are very close to each other and they provided transportation or arranged for a cab to the venue.

The interview consisted of watching 2 videos- one was about 20 minutes long and the other was about 15 minutes. The videos gave the meat about the company and the positions. During the interview period, they were interviewing for both ESL trainers and Industrial skills trainers. There was a woman from another recruiting agency (who claimed to be a rival) who actually helped during the interview gave some info about the job (which I found quite odd).
The interview itself was done by four men working in two teams (actually, they conducted 2 interviews simultaneously). The interview was very plain and the questions I was asked was similar to the type of questions I have been used to, so there were no surprises. The one thing I would advise is to make sure you know your parts of speech, they will ask you some grammar questions and ask how you would teach such a class.

Primarily, there were several types of ESL jobs;
- ITC (Industrial training centers)- where teachers would teach workers English
- PELP (Professional English Language Program), which I think was mostly to teach technical English and Business English communication
- CPC (College Prep Course) which was the prepare certain employees to attend college within the kingdom or abroad.

The centers are mostly located on the east coast with a few on the west and in the south.
There is no housing or transportation, but they claim to pay the contracted salary plus 65% above base to pay for accommodations and transportation.

If you need anymore info, let me know.
Al-Mansoor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great information. Did they give you any indication as to where you would be located?
Al-Mansoor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interview is next week and directly with Aramco. Well, it's based in their London office on the 26th floor. I also refused to provide any bank details prior to the interview, which they were ok with.

How long did the whole process take?

Sad I can't write any pms due to lack of posts. Maybe this will add up to five!
talktome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it depends on how many people are going to be interviewed among other things.
But with watching both videos (35-40 minutes), waiting (20-30 minutes) and the interview itself (20-30 minutes), I would say about 75-100 minutes in all.

But then again, I would say it depends on the venue, the people being interviewed and jobs being offered at the time.

They said that the interview process would continue until the middle of December and that selection would be made in Saudi by early January.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al-Mansoor wrote:
My interview is next week and directly with Aramco. Well, it's based in their London office on the 26th floor. I also refused to provide any bank details prior to the interview, which they were ok with.

How long did the whole process take?

Sad I can't write any pms due to lack of posts. Maybe this will add up to five!

I just heard from someone who did the interview/orientation with Aramco Services Company in Houston and THAT took about 6 hours...including lunch.

NCTBA
Al-Mansoor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You usually get a sense of the structure of an interview prior to attending it. With Aramco we're just told to turn up and bang! Bit of a mystery...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: