Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trust Academy, Sohag, Egypt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdobbs98

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Trust Academy, Sohag, Egypt Reply with quote

Anyone heard of them and/or any issues? They are contacting me about a position, 3,000 EGP, separate accommodation provided.
justcolleen

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of them, but the offer is horrible.
rdobbs98

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Agree Reply with quote

I totally agree with you and makes you wonder about what else is wrong. I always do the currency conversion and this one made me almost fall out of my chair.
justcolleen

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Agree Reply with quote

rdobbs98 wrote:
I totally agree with you and makes you wonder about what else is wrong. I always do the currency conversion and this one made me almost fall out of my chair.

This is Egypt, so converting the currency and thinking about it in terms of its value in the currency of countries that aren't in the middle of a revolution will only put you off about any offer.

Instead, think about it in terms of what's fair and the going rate for a foreign teacher - few and far between at the moment - and consider it a starting point for negotiating.

If you'll tell me a little more about your credentials and experience and the job itself, I'd be happy to give you a better idea of what you should shoot for. You can do it in a private message if you'd like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: