Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, what about the MLI?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Military Secret Reply with quote

mli_vet wrote:
Sounds like you deserve a good post. I hope you get it!

Thank you, Mr. Vet. I hope you get what you deserve, too.

It's been a pleasure!

BD
mli_vet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...............................................Very Happy

MLI Vet
Over and Out
[email protected]
mli_vet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: GHQ! We're still waiting for that $$$ ! ! ! Reply with quote

GHQ! We're still waiting for that $$$ ! ! !

MLI Vet
Over and Out
[email protected]
mli_vet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Shooo Haatha?????????? Reply with quote

[/quote]

Thank you, Mr. Vet. I hope you get what you deserve, too.

BD[/quote]

Shooo Haatha Post-Interchange Addendum:

Hmmmm! Do MLI Vets deserve to have their computers infected with the latest viruses and worms?

Strange how lately the mli_vet email account has been receiving quite a few of these virus attachments. No admin at MLI/GHQ would do such a thing, would they? Nasty. Thanks be to those wonderful virus detecting software packages--alhumdoooooleeeeelaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Nice try GHQ/MLI! Can't get your teachers' salaries right, and you've also failed in this sorry, low down, detestable, despicable, laughable, hilarious, half-ass attempt to spread computer viruses to punish a truth-publisher.

Gonna try the GHQ hit squad on me next? Bring it on baby ! ! ! I'm ready fer ya.

Shoooo haatha? Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Razz Cool Cool Cool Cool Razz Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

MLI Vet
Over and Out
[email protected]
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our departemt account at college gets about ten viruses in the mail every day. I doublt if the ones you get at MLI are any different from the automatically sent ones everybody is receiving.
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Boggle, boggle Reply with quote

Dear Stephen Jones,
You really must stop discouraging paranoia - it's the lifeblood of that part of the world. I mean, can you imagine a paranoia-less Middle East? Yikes, the mind boggles.
Regards,
John
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: anti-paranoia medicine Reply with quote

mli_vet wrote:

Strange how lately the mli_vet email account has been receiving quite a few of these virus attachments.

Your address is readable by spambots, Mr. Vet. They harvest web pages, including the one you're reading now, looking for addresses to add to their mailing lists. Any address you use on the web should either be a fake one, or one that you make bot-proof by inserting obvious words like NOSPAM or DELETE.

Another ploy is to use a mail host that employs spam- and virus-stomping software. One such free host is www.fastmail.fm .

If you have the ability to set up filters on your mail account, another trick is to require every piece of incoming mail to contain a string that you specify, say in the subject line; any mail without the string gets bounced or sent to /dev/null, as you prefer. You write the magic formula as a .sig file so anybody who reads your posts knows to include the string in their messages to you, but the spambots can't figure it out.

BD
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Spybot Reply with quote

Dear mli_vet,
You might want to download this (free) item - if you don't already have it, or something like it. I've found it very effective.
Regards,
John

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download
mli_vet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Paranoid? Who, me?!? Reply with quote

Paranoid? Who, me?!?

Thx for the tips. For some of the viruses no doubt you're right. Others, I still wonder from the messages along w/ them.

Thanks again!

MLI Vet
Over and Out
[email protected]
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Spybot et. al. Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:

You might want to download this (free) item -

Why, Mr. Slat -- you're a spybotter! I just recommended spybot to VeiledSentiments, not two weeks ago.

Here's a nice FREE complement to spybot:

http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

and another:

http://download.com.com/3000-8022-10227352.html?tag=lst-0-3
or
http://www.siena.edu/antivirus/Spyware/hijackthis.htm

and a great source of FREE info:

http://www.geocities.com/yosponge/

including an extensive list of rules for this FREE firewall:

http://www.geocities.com/yosponge/4firewal.html

and links to other FREE anti-malware..

I just love free stuff, Mr. Slat. Don't you?

Securely zipped up inside his fortress,

BD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: