Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Status of new immigration law?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Status of new immigration law? Reply with quote

There was a posting here back in March about a stricter new immigration law being passed. At that point the law seemed quite provisional. Can anyone in CR update us on that?

I'm looking into trying to combine part-time ESL teaching (I'm certified, with 12 years of overseas experience) with some freelance work I've picked up here in the US. I'd need a high-speed internet connection, though. (It looks like some of the big cities in CR have broadband service, right?)

Ideally, I could work part-time at a language school, that would be willing help me out with the visa. But if I can't find a school that will do this, what are my options? I have US/Irish citizenship and speak decent Spanish. I won't be making enough money from my freelance job to qualify for an income-based residency visa. (Plus, the money I make will vary month to month.)

Thanks for any advice you could give. Do you know anyone in CR who's supplemented their teaching income with internet-based work?

If anyone has questions about working in Italy, let me know. I worked there for 11 years (through June 2010).

Caroline
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: