Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planning a life in Brazill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffrey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Planning a life in Brazill Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Alot of interesting messages in here.I'm currently living in SanDiego, but planning to move to Santa Caterina (bombinhas) Brazil next year. I'm sooooo excited to go. I've been there twice already and it is awsome! you hear horror stories about how dangerous Brazil can be and in the bigger cities its true, but in the small beach areas, it's very different. We alresdy own land there, and we're saving every cent for the big move. I plan to teach English in that area, and wonder if anyone has any info about schools near-by?
brasilstu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have money behind you and you own property I would say the best thing for you is to teach privately or start your own small school.

Most schools in Brazil will sign you up and then book you out to local companies. They charge the company 70R$ and give you 20$. Why not cut out the middleman? It is easy to find you own students just by networking.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I lived in Brazil for two years and did pretty much that. I am in China now but when I go back I plan to do just this.

PM if you want more info.

PS. Forget about getting a job before you arrive. To get a job after you arrive walk into a school reasonably sharply dressed and say 'I speak English'. That should do it. I've repeated this advice quite a few times on this forum, it really is the way it works in Brazil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: