Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trying to set up work for next year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooltyp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: trying to set up work for next year? Reply with quote

i want to line up a job in the czech republic for next year (summer or fall) when my contract here ends. I am currently teaching in Hungary so going there is not a problem and my qualifications are good. looking for a job in a large town or Praha. does anybody have suggestions about how to go about this?
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to be in the city at the end of August/first September when the school directors are around and looking to line up teachers, basically. Most contracts (I think it'll be the same in Hungary) are Sept - June, and not much going on July and August.

The job market's very competitive, but there is work around and if you time your search appropriately you should be able to find something.

In advance, you could google schools in Prague - and maybe also consider Plzen, Ceske Budejovice, Brno, if you're up for other cities. It doesn't hurt to send CV in advance, but don't expect much interest until you arrive.

Keep in mind that you will need a CELTA or equivalent if you haven't already got one. Praha's got quite a few teacher training centres, and the vast majority of teachers on the job market have this level of cert, so anything less will put you at a disadvantage.
cooltyp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: other towns Reply with quote

Is it easier to find work in schools that are not in Praha?
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a bit in some cases, but not dramatically easier overall, from what I hear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: