Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apartment size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Apartment size Reply with quote

I'm moving to a small city [400,000] and one of my biggest curiosities is my new apartment[set up by AEON].

My question is, what size are studios, generally? I only know SQUARE FEET, not metres, not tatami mats. My friend showed me a space today that was literally slightly larger than my bathroom here. That can't be possible, can it? And what about closet space? I don't think my boss would appreciate my business attire being pulled out of my backpack each morning.

No hold barred people, I can take it.
guest of Japan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: apartment Reply with quote

AEON apartment sizes differ. If you want to know how big your apartment will be then I suggest you make contact with the teacher you are replacing. Generally AEON will supply you with an email address if you request it. If you choose not to do this then you will find out the size of your apartment toward the end of your training. As a rule of thumb, apartments tend to be bigger outside of Tokyo. Hope this helps. Good luck.
homersimpson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have one heck of bathroom in your current place! I once had an apt. that was 6 tatami, which I would liken to a university dorm room (including being crammed with stuff in every available space). You probably won't get specific info from AEON (they give you your apt. specs at the end of training), however, as the previous poster noted, ask for the Email address of the teacher you're replacing and I'm sure he/she can give you the lowdown on the apt. Needless to say, don't expect much (it's gonna be small by Western standards), but then again, how much stuff are you really gonna have?
Glenski

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jen,

If you want pictures of a typical apartment (not from AEON), let me know by email.

A 6-tatami room is about 3 large paces by 5 large paces. Of course, the toilet and bath are separate from this room. I have a floor plan that I can show you, too, if you are interested.

Closet space is definitely limited in most apartments. Don't plan to bring much that hangs. Expect a tiny 3-drawer plastic set of drawers for foldable things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: