Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Location: US (for now)
|Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:17 pm Post subject: TEFL International: Manuel Antonio
|I am looking into obtaining my TESOL degree from TEFL International in May and I have a few questions about their credibility. Through my jumbled search of various TEFL degrees, I have found some core similarities in suggestions for program.
To me, it seems the best program is one that:
1. Is properly accredited by appropriate educational facilities.
2. Is in the country you want to teach in.
3. Provides a recognizable TEFL degree.
4. Provides you job assistance/ is in an area where jobs are plenty.
I know I want to teach in Costa Rica, therefor the Manuel Antonio program is appropriate. Also, from conversations with previous English teachers in Costa Rica, its seems that diligence is the key to obtaining a position.
So, here are my questions:
1. Is the TEFL International program properly accredited?
2. Will the TESOL degree provided by TEFL International be recognized in countries such as Peru, Thailand, or Japan?
Bonus. Has anyone set up an independent deal with a host family?? Housing in exchange for teaching their kids English??