Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 years experience & MA TESOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philip.randall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: 3 years experience & MA TESOL Reply with quote

I will finish my MA pretty soon and I was curious what sort of job opportunities there are. Money isn't especially important I was just curious.

Thanks
wiganer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: 3 years experience & MA TESOL Reply with quote

philip.randall wrote:
Money isn't especially important I was just curious.

Thanks

Just as well as your MA TESOL wouldn't get you a free box of empanadas on independcia! Laughing

Argentina is the wrong place to use MA TESOL as a selling point. Most schools won't care. If you want to use the MA TESOL to earn some serious money then you need to go to middle east.
zignut

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there no higher ed gigs in Buenos Aires, or do they just want different degrees (e.g. PhD or MA in Education, Lit, Linguistics, etc.)?

I'm a MA TESOL holder and so have a general interest in the degree's currency around the world. I do not disagree that the Middle East is the place to go to capitalize on the credential, but I wonder if schools/universities in Argentina care at all.
kona

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zignut, its been awhile since you posted last but wanted to let you know that i'm in the same boat, wondering if i can get any mileage out of my MA TESOL in latin america. In certain countries, i think you can get some mileage out of your degree (such as Mexico, Colombia, and maybe Chile and Uruguay). Argentina seems to be a difficult place to get anything even sustainable in ESL, let alone something that doesn't make you scrape on a daily basis. I might travel through the area someday just to check it out, just to see if i can swing a miracle, b/c you never know, you might be able to throw something together, as i'm sure there some way to pull off a BA....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: