Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amity vs. Aeon interview/lesson plan similarities?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
butterflies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Amity vs. Aeon interview/lesson plan similarities? Reply with quote

Hello all,

It has been a little hectic for me due to the disaster last week, but I really hope that everyone's family and friends in Japan are all safe. Thankfully everyone I knew was okay.

I recently attended an Amity interview session, but did not make the final cut for the job. However, I have another interview with Aeon this month.

I honestly do not have that much time to come up with another lesson plan for Aeon and was wondering if the one I used for Amity would be appropriate for Aeon as well (this lesson plan got me to the second interview and I don't think that it was what held me back from getting hired).
My lesson was geared towards young children and consisted of presenting basic vocabulary words.

I know that Aeon offers lessons for people of all ages and I didn't know if it would be of any disadvantage for me to to present a lesson for kids.
Are they looking for lessons that are geared more towards adults that include stuff on grammar?

I was also wondering if there were any major differences between Aeon and Amity interviews. I feel that the Amity interview was a good experience for me and now I know what to expect...but maybe I am getting too comfortable...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Asher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my session, you could choose a lesson for adults or for children. I came up with one focused on adults while others in my group did lesson plans for kids. During the personal interview, I had to do an adult lesson from their book and one for a 4-year old using a handout they provided. There was very little prep time available during the personal interview. I suggest you use the clipboard to make exhibits if it's provided.

Smile a lot, speak clearly and make good eye contact. And be sure to give encouragement.

You should have received paperwork with this information from Aeon.
singingcarols

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i gather at my own personal amity interview they want you to teach some vocabulary words, a specific sentence and a question using those words. they already have the sentence and question you need to teach written down so you dont have to come up with your own. what stumped me was how to make a game that would teach the sentence or the question a kid that didn't know any english. hope that helped. good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: