Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Police clearance form from Qatar Police
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laylow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Police clearance form from Qatar Police Reply with quote

I hope someone can provide me with some info. I am an American who has a very good job opportunity. The problem is that to aid the prospective employer's background investigation, they want me to get a police clearance certificate from Qatar to verify that I wasn't arrested while teaching in Qatar. Can anyone provide info on the fastest way to do this? Should I contact the Qatar police directly or would it be faster to contact the Embassy of Qatar. Any contact information, advice, or any knowledge about the cost would be very helpful. I don't plan on returning to Qatar anytime soon, so getting it done in person is not a possibility. Feel free to PM me. Thanks.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late for the OP, but a reminder to all working in the area that they should do this in person, before leaving, as part of the Final Clearance Procedure.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is a policy in Saudi... it is the only place in the Gulf where it is...

I too suspect that the OP is our of luck. Personally I'd tell my possibly employer - assuming that they in the Middle East - to do their own checks through their systems.

VS
millie18

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far as I know, to get a police clearance anywhere in the GCC, you have to do it in person so that they can take your fingerprints and check your ID and photo to the system.

Can you do it through an embassy - best ask them.
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If this is a policy in Saudi...

It isn't.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know about the USA but in the UKofGB&NI now, if you want any position involving contact with children and young people you MUST have clearance from places where you have lived and worked.

Last edited by scot47 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not about the USA but in the UKofGB&NI now, if you want any position involving contact with children and young people you MUST have clearance from places where you have lived and worked.

Can't you just get clearance from the Criminal Records Bureau in Britain?

http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/

They will cross-check with the police in other countries you've lived in recently.[/quote]
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that you should get the certificate before leaving. One of our teachers who left last year did this in the town where I work. There is a procedure in place if you can find your way through the bureaucracy. Get you college/uni in KSA to check it out for you.
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't see why you would need Saudi police clearance.

Like I say, if you wish to work in the UK and need clearance there, you have to get clearance from the CRB - it's up to them to check with foreign police forces if they consider it neccessary.
helenl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the UK but the Canadian RCMP will not usually issue a police clearance certificate if you have not been resident/working in Canada for 2 or more years.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helenl wrote:
I don't know about the UK but the Canadian RCMP will not usually issue a police clearance certificate if you have not been resident/working in Canada for 2 or more years.

there are ways to get the RCMP if youv'e been away from Canada. I've got a couple friends who haven't lived or worked in Canada for over a decade and they got their CBC:
helenl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the RCMP police clearance states that the person has no police record in their last country (countries) of residence? Or do they just cover Canada? The former would be expensive I would have thought.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helenl wrote:
And the RCMP police clearance states that the person has no police record in their last country (countries) of residence? Or do they just cover Canada? The former would be expensive I would have thought.

I don't know. I just know that people have gotten them. I assume it's from their last place of residence. I know mine in the US is. It may be expensive, but if you have to get it, then you have to get it.
helenl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked back with an RCMP acquaintance in Canada for those who might want to know - The RCMP will only issue a clearance cert for those with a permanent address in Canada and will only cover Canada - they do not "check" with international police forces (where you may be now or in the past). If you do not have a permanent Canadian address you're out of luck.

I would also think a prudent employer would require the police certificate from the country where you most recently taught - and would look at you with some scepticism if you were unable to provide one.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helenl wrote:
I checked back with an RCMP acquaintance in Canada for those who might want to know - The RCMP will only issue a clearance cert for those with a permanent address in Canada and will only cover Canada - they do not "check" with international police forces (where you may be now or in the past). If you do not have a permanent Canadian address you're out of luck.

I would also think a prudent employer would require the police certificate from the country where you most recently taught - and would look at you with some scepticism if you were unable to provide one.

How do you get a permanent address? Just keep your license up to date? Not sure how my friends did it. I know they don't have valid Canadian licenses. Maybe they just used their parents address. You'd think that about a prudent employer, but in Asia, many of them aren't prudent Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: