Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Sudan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gomida1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Sudan Reply with quote

Hello all:

I was curious if anyone knew of any teaching opportunities in Sudan for individuals who have limited to no teaching experience. I do have a masters degree and experience in county government but not teaching. I plan on getting my tefl certification soon and was curious if anyone had any information on the requirements and opportunities in Sudan? Thanks.
wilco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a trawl, there are some on the Internet who aren't fussy. If you get here, there are plenty of low-paid establishments who will take anyone who can speak English approximately like a native.

If you attract the interest of CITC I can give you the lowdown on their activities.

Dave
Vecchia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cambridge will have you but I recommend you research them very, very thouroughly.
jai123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Teaching in Khartoum Reply with quote

Hi,
Just arrived in Khartoum a week ago and have started my job hunting. There are loads of schools or institutes in Khartoum. They quote different hourly rates. Just wandered if anyone out there knows what rate I should be negotiating and also if there are any scchool recruiting. Most of them seem to be closed:( But the some training centres are open - though the money is pretty low:(
wilco

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get $15 an hour, though they'll try to get you for less. It is the end of the academic year but language schools will continue right through. If you are desperate you can always turn up at CITC in Arkawit.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: