Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maputo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JacquiG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Maputo Reply with quote

:?: [b]
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has any information on teaching English in Maputo, Mozambique. If so, I would love to hear from you as I hope to work there within a years time.
Thanks,
Jacqui
[email protected][/b]
nolefan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: hum Reply with quote

an aquaintance of mine just returned home after a 3 weeks journey in mozamique, she was supposed to stay 54 more weeks. Confused She said that the whole environment was not sane to be in... I'll see if I can get more details.
I am not sure which city she was in but she has been around the block a couple of times and she is not the kind of person to bolt out because she cannot find her favorite toothpaste...
JacquiG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To nolefan!
I'd love any info you can give me. I know the madness of Mozambique - I lived further north of Maputo for 4 years, so am well prepared! I miss the insanity!
Thanks for the help,
Jacqui
nolefan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: beira Reply with quote

Hello Jacki,

My friend was in Beira, which is about 500 Km away from Maputo. She did visit Maputo quite often as it is the capital..... She does not want to talk much about her experience there. The only detail we get out of her is that there are more landmines in that country than people think... A couple of weeks ago, she was abit tipsy and mentioned that she saw one of those mines explose....then she started crying....

Those are all the details I know...make what you want of them
mountaingoat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: maputo Reply with quote

Lived in Maputo for 2 years. i loved it. I think you have to open minded and laid back. Lots of my friends are still there after many years. One even runs a language school. There is a great expat community. Having said that alot of teachers left when I was there as they didn't like the conditions.
If there was another job opportunity at my school I would probably go back - even though I now have a child.
It is only an hour away from S Africa and Kruger Nat Park. Which is a great place to spend a very cheap weekend. Swaziland is also only an hour away.
Hope this is helpful.
skrinsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: any contacts in Mozambique? Reply with quote

I am a college senior in the United States and looking for a place to live for probably about a year after I graduate. My only concern is having a good time and not losing money. I would be very interested in going to Mozambique to teach English. you mentioned you had some contacts there. Any more info?
also, most of the posts here have been on anglophone countries. Where should I look for job postings and information on francophone or lusophone Africa/caribbean?
one more question: do I need to get certification? truthfully, I am not as much interested in the teaching as just plain getting to know people, beginning to learn the language, and maybe finding non-profit type of work once I'm there.
I've found it hard to find people interested in Mozambique, though it probably appeals to me more than just about anyplace else. any help would be much appreciated.
thanks so much.

ps: i've lived in sub-saharan Africa before, and speak no portuguese.
WandererSteve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Info on EFL Schools in Mozambique Reply with quote

Can anyone provide inormation or contact details for EFL schools in Mozambique?

My wife and I will finish our contract teaching Englsh in Yemen in July 2006. We would like to teach in Mozambique starting in August or so.

Thanks in advance for any information or assistance.

- S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: