Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Malaysian Ministry of Education - English Trainers feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
totalitar

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for SMR and have to say that while the company is not perfect, and management have made mistakes, that this is a good job, it is very challenging, but as a result, if you are prepared to put the work in it is also a very rewarding, interesting and fun role too. Personally I relish the responsibility and freedom.
Unless you are so incompetent or unprofessional that management need to step in and get involved, for the most part we are allowed a degree of autonomy, responsibility and freedom to do our jobs, tailor the mentoring to the individual teachers needs, rather than follow a more general curriculum.
With regards to the information provided by SMRELT regarding the person who was fired, it seems rather obvious to myself and my co-workers who have been following this thread, that at least two of the posters commenting very negatively about SMR are that same person and that publishing that information is not entirely inappropriate seeing as those posters have very publicly made references to that already. In my opinion the biggest mistake SMR has made was not firing that person far quicker, as myself and many of my co-workers (not just in my team but across the organisation) have considered that person to be a MOD EDIT
DeanP

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also work for SMR and agree with totalitarís comments that the job is rewarding and challenging, and mentors are able to exercise a high degree of autonomy. There have been problems and some parts of the job are frustrating, but in my opinion the positive aspects far outweigh the negatives.

Some of the complaints have been sensationalised to the point of ridiculousness by posters (or one poster with more than one pseudonym?) with a fertile imagination and a tendency to exaggerate. Maybe if they were posting under their real name/s their comments would be more balanced.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: