Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pei Zheng College - pros and cons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MESL

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For years, the Magick Cafe was THE place to watch movies on the big screen. Now there's Lulu's Cantina, the LZ Home restaurant, and the Pandora mini-cinema. The cinema charges 30. The others are still free.
MESL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Arthur and Karl Reply with quote

The evaluators were here for 4 days. The school failed the evaluation. The chairman of the board of trustees, who is the founders son, invested 30 million yuan preparing for the evaluation. Had the school passed, he would have had permission and funding to expand the campus. He is furious. As I predicted, he has vowed that heads will roll.

http://peizhengletter.webspawner.com/
Opiate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. 30 million RMB and he forgot to bribe the evaluators. Quite an oversight.
MESL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Program A supervisor is leaving. We�re heard this before, but it�s for real this year. He�s taking the English Education Center director�s secretary with him. Last year, he changed his mind after he started dating her. There was a tease among the foreign teachers that the EEC director �assigned� her to him as a girlfriend to motivate him to stay because he was such a good supervisor and because he was so popular with the other foreign teachers. His replacement is a good man. He recently married a Chinese woman. The transition should be smooth and Program A should still be a safe place to teach English in China. The new Program B supervisor is Chinese and I don�t have any information there. Lulu has joined with a couple of Chinese partners and moved into a much larger facility on the second floor behind RT Mart. Opening night, the place was packed with students. The owner of the Magick Cafe married one of the foreign teachers. Nice guy. But he used to drive me crazy playing his drums in the dorm during lunch hour while I was trying to rest. The caf� manager, after taking a year off from full time teaching to develop the caf�, is leaving to work at another school. The former chief cook has married a Chinese woman and is returning to America. (Lulu�s husband is one of the foreign teachers. Really nice guy. Interracial marriage seems to be the thing at Pei Zheng College these days.) Almost all the foreign teachers who were at the school for more than a couple of years will be gone next semester. The Magick Caf� is up for sale. It�s the end of an era.
Exp_China

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a lot of things going on at this College. It must be very big and close knit group, from reading the last post, I just got a quick account of what's happening there Very Happy
therock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering foreigners have to return to their home countries to get the Z visa, the school is located in the sticks, the salary is not that good and they hire something like 70 - 80 foreign teachers a year, I would say they are going to be short this year and not be able to hire enough teachers.
MESL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the salary is not that good

How is 8000 not good when the standard all over China is for universities is 5000?
therock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MESL wrote:
Quote:
the salary is not that good

How is 8000 not good when the standard all over China is for universities is 5000?

I do agree the school pays above average for a similiar position, however if I had to return to my home country just for the Z visa and the fact the school is in the middle of nowhere, then yeah, 8000rmb is not really worth it.
MESL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Rock, I have a confession to make. Because of the cost of living, I actually saved more in Henan on 5000 than I did in the Guangzhou area on 8000.
MESL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newly built offices for foreign teachers:

http://lawcs.peizheng.net.cn/xg/index2.aspx?id=24&type=Views
GeminiTiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MESL wrote:

Looks dismal. It see number 137, if I wanted to be number 137 I would join the army or go to jail. Light colored floors and light colored wood, that's going to be looking like WW2 in about six months.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roadwalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeminiTiger wrote:
MESL wrote:

Looks dismal. It see number 137, if I wanted to be number 137 I would join the army or go to jail. Light colored floors and light colored wood, that's going to be looking like WW2 in about six months.

Sure it looks dystopian, like an updated Soviet-style foreigner work-ghetto, but they bring out Halloween decorations in October, American Thanksgiving stuff in November, and I'll bet they'll be blasting "Jingle Bells" in December! On the other hand, while I see a lot of glass walls, have they really done enough to isolate the foreigner contagion?
GeminiTiger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the glass walls are to keep the big-pocketed parents safe on the other side while teachers do their required zoo time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Peizhenganonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ya I think that Arthur guy might b sold out by Karl. Reply with quote

Hello! This is the Peizheng Students' and Teachers' Anonymous Suggestions Wiki.
Peizheng is a college located at Peizheng Ave.1, Chini Town, Huadu District, Guangzhou City, China.

All comments left on this board should preferably be anonymous. That is: create a Wikia ID that is anonymous. Ideally, do not give out your real world identity or IP address when leaving comments on the Main Page http://peizhenganonymous.wikia.com/wiki/Peizhenganonymous_Wiki of the Wiki.

All you need to do is to "edit" the Main Page and leave a comment, the same way you edit a Wikipedia article.

Quote:
wrote: Ya I think that Arthur guy might b sold out by Karl.
MESL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During a recent visit, I asked every new teacher I met for their reaction to the school. About half couldn't wait to get out. The other half said their experience at Pei Zheng College has been no different than at any other school in China.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: