Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Location: Paris, France
|Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:01 am Post subject: Apply to Speak at the 2011 TESOL France Conference in Paris
|Call for Speaker and Poster Proposals for the 30th Annual TESOL France Colloquium with Plenary Speaker: Luke Meddings
Deadline: June 30th, 2011.
For our 30th Annual Colloquium held in Paris, France at Telecom ParisTech on November 4, 5 and 6, 2011 we are welcoming talks and Poster Sessions from all English Language Teaching fields.
Preliminary Conference Times
* Friday 4 November 18.30 to 19.30 Opening Plenary
* Friday 4 November 19.30 to 20.30 Cocktail dÓnatoire
* Saturday 5 November 10.00 to 18.30 Conference Talks and Plenary Session
* Saturday 5 November 18.30 to 19.30 Reception
* Saturday 5 November 19:30 to 21.30 Open Mic Night! Music, songs, stand up comedy, and more!
* Sunday 6 November 10:30 to 15:00 Conference Sessions, Closing Plenary and Prize Draw
Call for Papers Information
Based on previous conference feedback, we encourage speakers to use interactive formats that engage the audience and focus on specific, practical classroom techniques. In this Call for Papers we welcome proposals that include suggestions, models, or success stories from today's classroom. Not only do we wish to explore ELT in France but also the world of ELT as a whole. Our goal is to open the way for in-depth discussions, debates, and classroom enlightenment.
Welcomed ELT fields are:
* Adult Learners
* Primary learners
* Young Adult Learners
* Higher Education
* Business English
* English for Specific Purposes
* Technology in the Classroom
* Teacher Training and Development
* Language Testing
* Corpus in the Classroom
* Drama Techniques
* Humor in the Classroom
* Listening Skills
* Reading Skills
* Writing Skills
* Speaking Skills
* Grammar and Vocabulary Development
* Materials Design and Publishing
* Multilevel classrooms
* Intercultural issues
* Classroom Management
* Working conditions
Language Talks can take place in English or en francais.
* The deadline for submitting speaker and poster proposals is June 30th 2011.
* Prospective speakers and poster presenters will be notified by July 31st.
* A preliminary schedule of the event will be posted on our website by August 31st.
To submit your abstract for the Colloquium, please fill out the Call for Papers online form. http://www.tesol-france.org/Colloquium11-callforpapers.php
We hope to hear from all of you here on Dave's ESL Cafe!
TESOL France President