Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Privates only in Chile?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
No Moss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Privates only in Chile? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm an experienced EFL teacher currently living in Thailand--American, ten years of experience in Asia. I have a BS and TEFL cert, and I have a retirement income that would allow me to live comfortably in Santiago (yes, I'm an old far* but in full possession of my faculties, thank you! Very Happy ). I'm not interested in working for anybody, but I would like to teach about 15 hours a week of privates, mainly oral English. One-on-one or small groups are OK, but I have no desire to teach in a school or a company. I would adjust my rates for those who couldn't otherwise afford private tuition, but I would expect about half my business to be with people who could pay the full rate. BTW, I speak better than elementary Spanish.

Is it possible to teach in Chile just doing privates? What could I expect to make in Santiago as a maximum rate?

Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by No Moss on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
jprimm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is and the rates vary from 15 to 25 dollars an hour. Santiago, FYI, is not a cheap place to live. about the same as an average U.S. City in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: