Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mongolia--outside Ulaanbaatar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muubagsh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Mongolia--outside Ulaanbaatar Reply with quote

I would be interested in knowing about ESL employment opportunities in Mongolia in other cities besides Ulaanbaatar (i.e. Erdenet, Darkhan, others?). I spent several years teaching in UB, and am now looking to return to Mongolia, but to avoid the capital. I know that Mongolian employers often fill openings by word of mouth, so I am curious if anyone has current or former employers in other Mongolian cities who are looking for teachers? Please PM me if you do. Thanks!
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you taught in UB for several years, did you ever become a member of the English Language Teachers’ Association of Mongolia (http://www.mongoliatesol.mn/home.shtml?sel=733)? They likely have info on possible teaching opportunities outside the capital.
muubagsh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I hadn't heard of ELTAM until now. The impression I got from their site was that they are primarily oriented toward supporting teachers with resources, rather than connecting job seekers with teaching positions, but I will try getting in touch with them. Thanks.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having information about possible job opportunities and connecting job seekers with teaching positions are not the same thing. Unless ELTAM maintains an active job board, consider them to generally be a valuable resource for information where jobs are concerned. I also suggest you take time to read more about what they're about since you're intent on returning to Mongolia to teach.
muubagsh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a job in Mongolia since my last posting. For others interested, the only place I have found a listing of teaching jobs specific to Mongolia is www.keytomongolia.com, which is also where I found my current job by posting my resume. The ESL job market in UB does seem to have gotten a bit tighter, however.
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muubagsh wrote:
I have found a job in Mongolia since my last posting. For others interested, the only place I have found a listing of teaching jobs specific to Mongolia is www.keytomongolia.com, which is also where I found my current job by posting my resume. The ESL job market in UB does seem to have gotten a bit tighter, however.

The website you listed doesn't come up.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try http://www.keytomongolia.com/
roywebcafe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Try http://www.keytomongolia.com/

Great info, glad you post on here. One question i would like to ask, do most schools expect or demand formal clothes for teaching? Like to go there traveling and maybe later pick up work. I did this in turkey and teachers were informally dressed, one even dressed like a rap artist. Not that i would go that far.
tbear2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"One question i would like to ask, do most schools expect or demand formal clothes for teaching?"

No, though it depends on where you teach. Generally, semi-formal is enough -- a sleeved shirt and trousers, tie not necessary, though a suit jacket is useful for keeping warm in unheated classrooms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: