Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Applying for Jobs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kate58

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Applying for Jobs Reply with quote

Does anyone have an up to date list of schools that will look at resumes via e-mail? I'm currently beginning my search for a job. I'd also like to know everyone's opinion about whether or not the letter of introduction should be in Spanish or English. Thank you!
lohanson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I�ve heard, any school that accepts or hires via email is not trustworthy. Just a warning to be careful!!
Dia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While lohanson is right in some sense, thats not always the case.. Most institutes and schools wont HIRE before you are here. However many schools will look at resumes by email... Also, if you for instance have a teaching degree and are looking at private international schools or something, there is some possibility that you could get a decent jump start on the application process before you get here. (If it is the case you are very qualified for a specific job you might just go ahead and write "I'm moving to Chile on ____." )

Your letter should be in English and Spanish, just in case.. (for instance the english department head will for sure speak english, though his boss who is also involved in the hiring process may not...).

If we're just taking about taking shots in the dark at any and every institute... I'd be cautious about being hired from afar... usually a school will see your resume and call you in for an interview. If you are not in the country they may not bother following up with you. I definitely wouldn't lie (i.e. say you are here), but if you will be coming soon your letter could state "I'm looking for a job for the 2012 school year" etc.. Sometimes it might be a while before they actually call you back so you might be here by then!
If not, when they call you in for an interview ... very politely explain that you wont be able to make it in for an interview until ___date, or even try to offer a skype interview.

If there is a big time gap and they dont' feel comfortable waiting around for you, politely thank them for the effort, remind them that you will be here from ___ date on in case something changes down the line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: