Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

list of universities / language schools in Lima?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jooooooey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: list of universities / language schools in Lima? Reply with quote

I�m trying to get going on my own here and find private lessons. I am fairly new here and don�t know a lot of people so I�m trying to put up flyers at universities and/or large language schools.

I pass by a lot of schools in traffic, but does anyone know where there is a list of schools and/or universities so I can do this a little more methodically?

Or even some advice. Thanks.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of some. Keep in mind that pay is around 6 to 10 an hour. Offsite courses might pay a bit, very little, more.

English Life in Miraflores is good, run by a British woman.
Business Links, also in MF, run by two British (I think) guys. It's supposed to be one of the best places to work.
Multilingua is run by a Canadian guy, but it's mostly Spanish classes, Multilingua is a branch off El Sol.
PARI is run by an Indian or Pakistani, also supposed to be good.
World Communication, run by a Peruvian woman, is good.

I think those are probably among the best. You won't be getting a visa, housing, or flights though. Somehting to think about.

USIL and PCUP are good universities, but you'll need to have a visa

Last edited by naturegirl321 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
jooooooey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--------------------------------

Last edited by jooooooey on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
jooooooey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I�m not wanting to work for institutes. I�m doing that now, and don�t like it so much. (World Communications is pretty okay)

What I�m wanting to do is to work for myself giving private lessons. It pays a little better and I can be my own boss.

What I did back home is to go to the universities, walk into the buildings where something like language teaching would be most desired (for example, the humanities buildings, or the foreign language/ESL buildings), and hang up a flyer on the bullentin boards there. It was pretty effective because kids waiting for class would read the bulliten boards and I would get students.

My problem here, is that every damn university has this guard at the gate. I tell them why I want to go in and they tell me that I can�t. They point at the sign posts outside (some of the universities wouldn�t even let me hang them on the posts). Am I going to the wrong universities? Some of the big schools like the catholic university even has the dorms and everything enclosed in the gates.

Is it like this everywhere in Latin America? Has anyone figured out a way around this? I�m thinking about dressing in a suit and then jumping the fence and acting like I�m a professor. Seriously, it�s pretty frustrating, sign posts work but it looks pretty unprofessional.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: