Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEWARE VINNELL ARABIA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voltaire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: BEWARE VINNELL ARABIA Reply with quote

Hello all,

I just noticed that today these people are advertising again. AGAIN! No need to say anything here, just search my posts are 'Vinnell' as your keyword and you will find plenty of info to convince you to steer clear of this place It appears on the International Job Forum so:

Quote:
Teach in Saudi Arabia!

Posted By: Vinnell Northrop-Grumman <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, 2 January 2012, at 11:31 a.m.

Just know that even if you get this job, you will be screwed over and the very guy you are directed to send the email to will be the man who will do everything in his power to show you the door within a few months. It's like his hobby.
It's Scary!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had enough of Herr Doktor "Hi"menez has he?

It's alliteration at it's worst! Laughing
geoboz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! BEWARE OF VINNELL-ARABIA! the fact that this multinational megagazillionaire company still does business (and that is exactly what their interest is) in KSA is, well, unspeakably irresponsible, especially in light of their lack of defense both before, during, and after the car bombing in its compound in riyadh in 2003. i was there, i tried to get information, i got called on the carpet for violating their chain of command for speaking out. and yes, my friends died there.
i have help my tongue about this for a hell of a long time, but now it's time to speak Truth to anyone lured by the promise of lots of money easily made. first, there is NO amount of money worth the stifling life in KSA. sharia disallows every western mode of entertainment except mall shopping and restaurant patronage. there is, literally, nothing to do there. the risks are not worth the money, folks. vinnell-arabia is a disgrace for offering jobs to less-than-savvy people. yes, BEWARE VINNELL-ARABIA! they are liars and profiteers, and you will be their next victim. just ask the family members of those who died in that bombing! i'd love to hear what they have to say about this advertising campaign!
Dominic-Pax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoboz wrote:
YES! BEWARE OF VINNELL-ARABIA! the fact that this multinational megagazillionaire company still does business (and that is exactly what their interest is) in KSA is, well, unspeakably irresponsible, especially in light of their lack of defense both before, during, and after the car bombing in its compound in riyadh in 2003. i was there, i tried to get information, i got called on the carpet for violating their chain of command for speaking out. and yes, my friends died there.
i have help my tongue about this for a hell of a long time, but now it's time to speak Truth to anyone lured by the promise of lots of money easily made. first, there is NO amount of money worth the stifling life in KSA. sharia disallows every western mode of entertainment except mall shopping and restaurant patronage. there is, literally, nothing to do there. the risks are not worth the money, folks. vinnell-arabia is a disgrace for offering jobs to less-than-savvy people. yes, BEWARE VINNELL-ARABIA! they are liars and profiteers, and you will be their next victim. just ask the family members of those who died in that bombing! i'd love to hear what they have to say about this advertising campaign!

I am sorry to hear about your friends who died, but we are in 2012.
geoboz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, dominic, you are right. this is 2012, 9 years after that event, but the conditions in KSA have not changed. in fact, they may be even worse than when i was there, given what's happening in the region. iraq is a disaster, iran seems totally unreachable, and KSA plays party favorites to any party willing to buy their oil. if someone wants to work in the middle east, oman is probably the most tolerant place to be, though safety remains a concern there as well.
It's Scary!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with geoboz, mister man of peace. I find it extremely callous of you to point out the present year in which we are in an attempt to minimize what happened. Not unlike geoboz, I lost friends on May 12, 2003, but on a different compound. Hopefully, you'll never experience that kind of tragedy, for if you do, you'll realize that you can never leave that time as other could.

The world does, indeed, turn, but to those who have experienced terror, the memory is always like it was yesterday.

It's those who forget (or make small talk of) History who are doomed to repeat it!
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dominic-Pax,

On my first flight to Saudi in 1980, the movie shown was "The Land That Time Forgot".

Little did I know then that the film was actually a preview of coming attractions.

Based on my experience there. I'd say geoboz is right about this:

" . . . the conditions in KSA have not changed. in fact, they may be even worse than when i was there, given what's happening in the region . . ."

Oh sure - now they have satellite TV and the Internet, but the mind-set of so many there hasn't moved "forward" much - if any.

Regards,
John
Dominic-Pax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear Dominic-Pax,

On my first flight to Saudi in 1980, the movie shown was "The Land That Time Forgot".

Little did I know then that the film was actually a preview of coming attractions.

Based on my experience there. I'd say geoboz is right about this:

" . . . the conditions in KSA have not changed. in fact, they may be even worse than when i was there, given what's happening in the region . . ."

Oh sure - now they have satellite TV and the Internet, but the mind-set of so many there hasn't moved "forward" much - if any.

Regards,
John

I am here in Saudi Arabia right now. I do not think anyone is in great danger. I am not trying to minimize any person's loss.

I think Saudi Arabia has a long way to go, but it has certainly changed in the last decade -- granted, not very much.
voltaire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*BUMP* They are advertising again today. My but Vinnell goes thru teachers quickly. If it's a year contract, why are they recruiting every two months?
scot47

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faulty recruiting procedures. They recruit people who should never have left Des Moines.
btsmrtfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea as to salary figures working with Vinnell these days?
Trips

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btsmrtfan wrote:
Does anyone have any idea as to salary figures working with Vinnell these days?

Yes. 4500/mo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: