Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info on institutions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abc123777

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Info on institutions Reply with quote

Does anyone know the phone numbers, street addresses or websites of good language institutions in the following cities in Peru: Talara, Piura, Chiclayo, Trujillo, and Arequipa?

I'm having a difficult time finding job postings for these cities and am thinking about just visiting institutions with my CV once I get in Peru (on Jan. 27, 2010). Any advice and information will help.

Thanks!
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I know some. I just PMed you.
abc123777

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got your PM. Thanks a lot. These really help. Take care.

~P
cindygettis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: institutes Reply with quote

I might suggest waiting until you arrive in Peru to pass out your CV. I sent out quite a few before going and didn't hear back from people, but when I actually lived in Peru nearly every person I sent my CV to replied to me. Just a thought...
abc123777

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just do that when I get there. Just trying to have some plans before I arrive too. Thanks again.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also helps if you personally knock on doors.
jooooooey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all kinds of interviews just from emailing my cv. I don�t know if my cv looked good, or if I got here in the hiring season, or what (I came here in mid July) It�s also very worthwhile to email the places ahead of time (before you�re in Peru), despite what everyone says, sometimes they don�t get back to you for a while. You probably won�t get any job offers, but you�ll get people who will say "get ahold of us when you get into town" and that kind of thing. But it can definately give you a head start if you don�t have much money to sit on.

But yes, job postings are virtually nonexistant.

Last edited by jooooooey on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:48 am; edited 3 times in total
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jooooooey wrote:
I got all kinds of interviews just from emailing my cv. It�s also very worthwhile to email the places ahead of time (before you�re in Peru), despite what everyone says, sometimes they don�t get back to you for a while. But it can definately give you a head start if you don�t have much money to sit on.

But yes, job postings are virtually nonexistant.

Maybe things have changed. What institutes did you email? Or were they schools? Or universities?

expatperu and livinginperu have some job postings. But you'll ahve to sort through them.
jooooooey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don�t remember, some of the standard institutes in Miraflores and that general area, I think a lot of them were on your list. They weren�t schools or universities (I�ve had more trouble with them, but it�s not the season). But I never had to do any walkins, they all wrote me back asking for interviews.

The interviews I got from the job postings were crap, just email the institutes. But make sure you sound sure of yourself, like "I will be there on such and such a date, I have the plane ticket". Or else "I�m in Lima now and I like your institute because bla bla bla."

If that doesn�t work, do the walk in thing, but it�s easier to email them first.
Kate58

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm starting to look for positions in Peru and would love a list of schools to e-mail my resume to. I've heard how difficult it is to get a position from the U.S., but I'd like to see if I can get a response here first. Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: