Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wage, Expenses, Savings, Variables
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itinerantman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Will work for food......... Reply with quote

and money:) ! But seriously guys, this is my situation:
I was educated in the UK and am a native English speaker but have an Indian Passport.
I'm 55 years old and in good health.
I have a Bachelors in History but I teach English-I also have a Bachelors in Education.
For personal reasons I need to settle in SE Asia, preferably in Indonesia and specifically in Bali.
I have about 10 years of part time undocumented Home School teaching experience & another 3 years of documented International School teaching experience in Bali.
I would prefer a school teaching job over ESL but am willing to try ESL if required. Online teaching is also an option. I would need at least US $ 1000 + accommodation from my day job.
What would you suggest I do to land a job in SE Asia, particularly Indonesia? I'm aware that many countries will only accept native speakers with relevant passports so I'm looking for any loopholes ie some schools bring in non native speakers under the category of Social Science Teachers and then get them to teach English. Lastly do I need a TEFL Certificate or is my Teaching degree enough? If not,which is the cheapest online recognized TEFL Course?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited by itinerantman on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:06 am; edited 2 times in total
itinerantman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: $1000 a month online..... Reply with quote

JZer wrote:
I was wondering how many hours one works at a typical job in Indonesia as a teacher. I earn $1000 a month online but would like to add a teaching job in Jakarta to my work.

I have a Indonesian girlfriend which is why I am planning to move there.

Please tell me how to earn $1000 pm online. Can I do it from Bali? I worked in an International School in Bali & put in 7.5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
KopiKopi

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: You can save Reply with quote

Quote:

Kopikopi-- I like your style-- this is my intention as well. May I ask where you are located--Jakarta? I am wondering if I could do something similar in East Java while working with a school under EF Surabaya Group. I am open to any suggestions and recommendations...esp if you are familiar with language schools in East Java! Kindly let me know.

Sorry for the very late response. When I wrote that I was living outside Jakarta, near Pamulang.

PS- I left Indonesia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: