Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QU Foundation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowpoke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: QU Foundation Reply with quote

A couple of questions about teachers' resources and materials:

Is there a teachers' resource center for the English department? How good is it? Are the books up to date?

Do they susbcribe to English language teaching journals? Which ones?

Are daily newspapers available?

Is there a filing cabinet or filing system with all worksheets and other supplementary material? Do people share their materials or hog them? I hope teachers don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Are there enough books and photocopiable materials? Is there photocopy machine in the resource center?

What is the check-out system like?

Is there a film library? How good is it?

Thanks for any answers. I don't want to have to bring books and materials if there is enough available.
chanchanhae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are managers at QU Foundation. Why don't you e-mail them your questions? They should answer all your questions if they are profesionnal.
squirk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: QU Foundation Reply with quote

Quote:
A couple of questions about teachers' resources and materials:

Is there a teachers' resource center for the English department? How good is it? Are the books up to date?

Do they susbcribe to English language teaching journals? Which ones?

Are daily newspapers available?

Is there a filing cabinet or filing system with all worksheets and other supplementary material? Do people share their materials or hog them? I hope teachers don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Are there enough books and photocopiable materials? Is there photocopy machine in the resource center?

What is the check-out system like?

Is there a film library? How good is it?

Thanks for any answers. I don't want to have to bring books and materials if there is enough available.

There is a resource center on the women's side. Not very good, but comfortable at least. They need more books and materials. They should have a photocopier in this room. There are about 20 DVDs - I wouldn't call this a film library. You can check out things for one week. I haven't seen any supplementary materials filing cabinet system. They use BB so everything is filed electronically.
battleshipb_b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things are getting better. That women's building was great to look at but bad to work in. I hear they've put up new buildings better suited to a university.
thursday12

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares 'bout buildins when ya got mismanagment & heads wid an agenda. The spy system stinks and is still in place wid more spies than ever!! Watch it.
lollaerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thursday12 wrote:
Who cares 'bout buildins when ya got mismanagment & heads wid an agenda. The spy system stinks and is still in place wid more spies than ever!! Watch it.

In my experience, most places have spies and snits; QU does have the worst reputation in Qatar in this regard. At least the Gulag was spared this problem for the most part, this is why so many people hung on despite the low pay and poor housing. We worked with honorable colleagues despite Griffiths messing us around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: