Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambridge English School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Cambridge English School Reply with quote

Any recent news about this school ?

Will 100 kd housing allowance be enough?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Cambridge English School Reply with quote

Demigod wrote:
Will 100 kd housing allowance be enough?

My rent for a simple unfurnished flat, in a nice neighborhood, in 1998 was over 200 KD. Seems absolutely paltry to me...

VS
crumpy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the low housing allowance is to persuade you to live in the school's own accommodation.
bedwiya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Too low Reply with quote

That's barely enough to be able to share a flat with someone. Be careful, the owners of that school group are notorious for saying that is the housing amount, then changing it after staff has left for the summer. 200kd will only get you a flat way down south in Mahboula and you would need a car and have to drive on the Highway of Death...
crumpy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the school offers shared accommodation close to the school or a 100-KD housing allowance. It would thus seem that the school would prefer its teachers to live in the school's own accommodation.
BlueRainbow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Cambridge 100KD for housing Reply with quote

Egads!!!!!!!!!! The 100KD is NOT the issue, the Egyptian management is the issue. Not honest, not ethical, not professional, not an ounce of common courtesy.

The housing they provide you with is in the ghetto. Literally you are surrounded by garbage.

100KD is not enough. That's comparable to almost $400.00. What can you find for that in the States?

Last year they offered 140 KD for housing and the year before they offered 180KD. Now they got it down to 100KD? WOW! Good for their thieving pockets.

They fire people left and right. At the end of the contract they deduct and deduct and deduct your wages.

Be careful and really think about this.
That first 100 days of probation with this management seems like a lifetime. THE absolute worst company I have worked for in 30 years.
middeastgirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Cambridge 100KD for housing Reply with quote

BlueRainbow wrote:
Egads!!!!!!!!!! The 100KD is NOT the issue, the Egyptian management is the issue. Not honest, not ethical, not professional, not an ounce of common courtesy.

The housing they provide you with is in the ghetto. Literally you are surrounded by garbage.

100KD is not enough. That's comparable to almost $400.00. What can you find for that in the States?

Last year they offered 140 KD for housing and the year before they offered 180KD. Now they got it down to 100KD? WOW! Good for their thieving pockets.

They fire people left and right. At the end of the contract they deduct and deduct and deduct your wages.

Be careful and really think about this.
That first 100 days of probation with this management seems like a lifetime. THE absolute worst company I have worked for in 30 years.

I have to agree. I did a year with them at their Hawally school a while back, and it was horrible. From that witch of a director, to the slimy management. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
meow905

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: good experience Reply with quote

I taught at Cambridge English School in Hawalli and had a great experience. I found management worked with the teachers and there was a lot of support from them. I got very sick while I was there and they helped me a lot.... and made sure I got the help I needed.
Of course there was the usual gripping and unhappiness from some staff, but that happens everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: