Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best B.Ed./PGCE for SNET?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Bourque

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozman wrote:
It's VERY expensive to do full time study in Australia now with cost of living and high student fees - no tax breaks etc. Hong Kong has to be a much better option than Australia.

Also from my own experience: as a qualified teacher from Australia (now a NET teacher in HK) I worked with a number of Hong Kong qualified teachers (mainly maths and science) who had jobs in Melbourne Australia. Obviously their HK qualifications are recognized, although you would be told to go through the QUALIFICATIONS board or whatever they call it in Australia. I can't speak for recognition of HK qualifications in UK.

That makes perfect sense though - PGCE full-time involves a 12 week practicum in Australia is you want to teach with EMI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: