Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apartment/shared accommodation in Bucharest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goosoid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Apartment/shared accommodation in Bucharest Reply with quote

I am arriving in Bucharest on 12 November 2008 to work there for an indefinite period as a lawyer. I am a 33 year old guy from New Zealand.

I have some temporary accommodation from my firm but I will be looking for an apartment or flatshare towards the end of November.

I have a budget of up to 1000 Euro. I would prefer a 3 room apartment or a large flatshare (big apartment or a villa) in the north of Bucharest. I am looking for something with a minimum of a balcony and washing machine (preferably also a dishwasher). I won't be coming with any furniture, so something at least partially furnished would be ideal, but not critical.

I will be working near Lacul Herastrau (strada Tipografilor), and I dont want to be more than 4 or 5 kms from there. An area like Stefan cel Mare, Piata Victoriei or Floreasca would be ideal.

I have lived in Central/Eastern Europe before (Prague for two years), so I have realistic expectations of what to expect in terms of standard of accommodation.

I am a pub/sports kind of person, though I also enjoy a wide variety of films and music.

It would be great to hear from anyone who has an apartment available or is looking for a flatmate.

Ben
shwaap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Apartment/shared accommodation in Bucharest Reply with quote

Hi,Ben,
You might try http://expat.meetup.com/136/boards/ . Its an expat meet up group here in Bucharest. You might try posting there for an apartment share. I haven't had much luck with the site,having found my current accomodations with the help of a friend,but,it might help you. As far as what you're looking for,did you say your budget is 1000Euros in terms of what you have now,or how much you will make a month? I ask because rents here can be expensive,so,what you look for might tax your budget. A 3 bedroom with all you look for might run you anywhere from 600 to over 1000 EU a month depending on the area. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Tony
Goosoid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your message.

Yes I have already put a couple of notices on that message board. I have had some interest but they all wanted someone quite quickly and I dont arrive until 12 November.

I am budgeting 1000 Euro a month for accommodation, but I am hoping to get something for less than that. My salary is substantially more than that, as I am basically being paid a UK salary.

Cheers
Ben
christinasvg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: real estate agents Reply with quote

hi,

i'm sidonia, and i recently moved to bucharest (going on 5 months now) but I have some contacts for appartments.
as per your budget you can find a good apartment for that price, probably 2 rooms (1 bedroom appartment) but maybe also 2-bedroom.

i know for about 1200 euro, a villa can be gotten as well, more in the north of bucharest.

anyways, here are my contacts, they are very dependable, though i must warn you, you may have to look around quite a bit since there are really some terrible appartments here- believe me i've seen more than a few.

Note also, all agents private or otherwise, will charge 50% of the monthly rate as their commission.

be sure to have a registered contract as some owners/landlords dont always want to issue such.

Alexandrescu- +40(0)742 078 877.(private & very friendly)
Iulian (pron. julian)- +40(0)755 054 541
Catalin +40(0)744 671 757

thats all i have for now, hope its helpful...they all speak fairly good english so its not too difficult to communicate.

best of luck
barbiebedia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: house Reply with quote

hi,

I'm new here:)

My aunt lives in Bucharest, and she has a 3-rooms house at the center.
If somebody need a lovely accommodation I can give her e-mail address!

Bests!
Barbara
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is three years old. I doubt the OP is still looking.
diodeone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
This post is three years old. I doubt the OP is still looking.

haha that made me laugh!

I was searching here for travel information, but I got a great laugh instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Romania All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: