Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apartments in Bogot�- where to start looking, etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bogotabound

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Apartments in Bogot�- where to start looking, etc Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I just joined this forum and my personal situation is the following: I'm considering moving to Bogot� in early January 2013 both for adventure but possibly to find teaching work (I'm quite qualified) and/or practice my other vocation: journalism.

I have some general questions about accommodation in Bogota:

Are agencies or online classified ads the best way to go? Does anyone know of some reputable ones?

How much does a studio go for in a decent part of town?

Is it even possible to rent an apartment if one isn't sure whether one is staying long term or not? I�ll have a return flight leaving two months after I arrive but if I secure work could decide to stay....

What are the best neighbourhoods to be looking in? I know the north of the city is better but anything more specific?

And a bit off topic - what's the security situation in Bogot� right now - anyone here been the victim of a mugging or other crime?

Thanks for your answers, really appreciate it!
windowlicker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answers to most of these questions can be found by searching through the forum threads.

Studio apartments are expensive by Bogota standards. You're probably looking at over $1 million pesos, including utilities...possibly up to $1.2 million.

Typical expat neighborhoods are Chapinero and La Macarena. Moving up the price range, you have Rosales, the area around Zona T, and the neighborhoods in the north. Slightly down the price range you have Galerias and Teusaquillo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: