Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University Jobs in Ecuador

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just_a_mirage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: University Jobs in Ecuador Reply with quote

At the University where I work in Ecuador, we are looking for some native English speakers to fill positions early next year. The positions would likely start in April, although applicants might possibly be able to pick up a class in January. These would be short term positions about six months in length, and the teachers would arrive in the country on the extended tourist visa, the 12-IX which would allow them to work legally for up to six months. After that, the university may be willing to help with a more long term visa if the teacher wants to extend their stay.
Teachers typically work for two six week periods in each trimestre, and usually get a total of four classes over the the 12 weeks. The pay is about $13 an hour. The university is also connected to a pre-school, primary, and high school, so there may be opportunities there as well.
Anyone interested, please send me your resume, or any questions you may have to [email protected]
The university is located in Guayaquil, the largest city in Ecuador. Teachers are responsible for their own housing and airfare. Guayaquil has lots of things to do, and is less than two hours from some beautiful beaches which are less than a $5 dollar bus ride away.
You must have a degree, experience teaching, and preferably be TEFL certified.
al capone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up. I have sent my CV on to the email.

I have all my certs but don't have a degree(dropped out years ago) but i'm working towards one online

cheers

ali
just_a_mirage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send any information to this email: [email protected] The old email got a virus and I can`t access it without sending p-o-r-n to everyone on the contact list. I can tell you though, that as this is a university, a degree is required to teach here. We are looking for a few teachers for April.
Globetrotting Teacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just_a_mirage.

I sent you, at the second of the two email addresses that you listed (hopefully that second one is still legitimate) my CV.

While I'll be at my current job in Albania until early July, I would love to return to teach -- and this time in a UNIVERSITY ! ! ! -- in Ecuador. A job starting in the summer, fall or even, as you mentioned above, quite possibly in January would be fantastic.

Whatever the deal, it would be fantastic if -- either here or via email -- you got back to me soon.

All the Best !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: