Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shipping to Costa Rica ('net orders)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Shipping to Costa Rica ('net orders) Reply with quote

Hope I'm not asking a question already covered, but here goes:

Once down in CR, what is the experience of online ordering like? In my case, specifically, contact lenses, but in general. I imagine there will be a charge for the distance from the US, which is understandable. However, will there be an import tax, even if the package is relatively small?

While we're on the subject, what if my mom in Boston wants to ship me something?
Sarah512

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Shipping to Costa Rica Reply with quote

Hi there,

I bought something from Amazon and it arrived in 5 days. Much sooner than I was expecting. It was a Kindle - roughly $80 for the Kindle and $30 for shipping.

: )
MarkH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer, it was just what I was looking for.

Some scaremonger told us that anything that even LOOKS like it might be worth something will fall prey to the many unscrupulous guards at the many checkpoints mail generally goes through to get here. Also, if my mom sends me cookies, those are my cookies!
prometheusg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a package in the mail a few weeks ago. It took it's sweet time getting here, but we got it. Regular postal service, not UPS, Fedex, or anything. I'd read the same scaremongering posts about mail, so I was apprehensive. Just make sure you get it sent to a well-known address! Like a school you work for or something.
dhsampso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some reason behind some of the scaremongering. People's packages do sometimes never arrive or arrive with items missing. I lived in CR from 2009-2010 and I had two packages make it and one not make it. Either it got lost in transport or it was stolen. I would just recommend not shipping anything of value like a camera, computer, etc. My package that was stolen was full of candy, magazines, and a diary, so nothing expensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: