Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to go....???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaleyO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Where to go....??? Reply with quote

Hello,

My friend and are are wanting to go over to Asia in the next couple months and have completed our TESOL course. As well, we both posess 2 year technical diplomas, but unfortunatly no degrees.

Does anyone have any suggestions where to go where one without a degree can teach? Our number one request for a place to go is temperature.....that being on the hotter side as we come from Canada and have more than our share of the cold! Wink

We would like to make money to send home as well, but would be willing to make less for more tropic places.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Feel free to email me as well.

Haley
bnix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Good Luck....In Finding Shangri-La Reply with quote

I certainly hear you on that cold weather thing.If you do not like cold weather,you should not come to Korea.The Korean winters are COLD.Also,with no degree,you would probably have trouble getting a work permit to work legally,anyway.You might try Taiwan.It is definitely warmer...though parts are polluted.I really do not know if they require a degree.Thailand is warm,but you are not going to make much money there...not "enough to send home".China is also cold(many parts of it,in winter)...no real money there..although some people claim to make a good salary...they are the exception.

You might want to try Japan...I do not know about the degree requirements there.

You are going to have difficulty finding a warm,tropical or semitropical place that pays good money.There just "aint many""...if ANY...if there were...a lot of the rest of us would be there,too.Plus you might find yourselves at a disadvantage without degrees...

Anyway...best of luck.Hope you find your Shangri-La. Smile
bnix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Good Luck....In Finding Shangri-La Reply with quote

I certainly hear you on that cold weather thing.If you do not like cold weather,you should not come to Korea.The Korean winters are COLD.Also,with no degree,you would probably have trouble getting a work permit to work legally,anyway.You might try Taiwan.It is definitely warmer...though parts are polluted.I really do not know if they require a degree.Thailand is warm,but you are not going to make much money there...not "enough to send home".China is also cold(many parts of it,in winter)...no real money there..although some people claim to make a good salary...they are the exception.

You might want to try Japan...I do not know about the degree requirements there.

You are going to have difficulty finding a warm,tropical or semitropical place that pays good money.There just "aint many""...if ANY...if there were...a lot of the rest of us would be there,too.Plus you might find yourselves at a disadvantage without degrees...

Anyway...best of luck.Hope you find your Shangri-La. Smile
Glenski

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haley

You can't get a work visa without a bachelor's degree, but Canadians can get working holiday visas without one. There is an age limit (18-30), and it is good for only a year. Plus, there is a limit on the number of hours you can work.

People with no degrees find themselves quite outnumbered by those of us with degrees, ranging from bachelor's to PhD, and even if you do find a job, it is likely to be on the bottom of the barrel of desireability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: