Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interviewing with Interac
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haruka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You asked all the right questions. You've made you preparations. Now, take a deep breath and relax! Do the best you can and smile.

Just be sure to tell us all how it went!
stumptowny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: does interac give raises? Reply with quote

does interac give raises? for teachers re-contracting?
ZennoSaji

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I asked my recruiter about raises (since the example salaries implied NONE), she said the raises came from merit, not so much recontracting. They are trying to move towards making upward movement more accessible to ALTs.
ssjup81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, for those who are doing this from within the country, about how long before you hear something back from them? My interview was moved to Monday, December 3. I still have to do my demo lesson and video to submit.

Wish I didn't have to do that, though. Wish I could do it in person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kah5217

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed to go well today. The recruiter let two people redo their videos. I was slightly annoyed at how she tried to sell me on leopalace though. It is not impossible to find my own place and I know what that will mean, but others have done it and I can too..

Edit: Now that I'm back home I can elaborate more. I ended up teaching directions with a game of "Where's Doraemon", and a couple people (including the recruiter) seemed to like it. I did mention housing as one of my concerns, but I pretty much expected to be on my own for that considering my needs (read: cat). She said my preference was slightly limited, but I told her I really don't care as long as I don't end up somewhere too cold. (PA climate is cold enough for me.)

DC driving was bad though. I'm surprised I only saw one accident.
Haruka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea for a demo lesson! That works on a couple of different levels demonstrating creativity and an attempt to connect the activity with pre-existing student knowledge. Excellent! And you left your preferences open. Sounds like you stand a pretty good chance. Let us know if you get picked up.

LeoPalace is all Interac really uses, from what I understand. And LeoPalace is generally not pet-friendly. It's difficult to find pet-friendly accommodations in Japan, but not impossible. So, good luck there. That's one thing I will miss in Japan; being able to have a cat.
kah5217

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the email signaling the start of my countdown. I think I have a good chance, but I guess if they say no, then I'll have to look into Borderlink.
Haruka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important thing is that you keep trying. I was turned down by two other companies before I was finally accepted.
kah5217

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an offer. Very Happy Good thing I checked my spam folder.
ssjup81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anyone else hear from them?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kah5217

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm being placed in Kasumigaura, Ibaraki. They're in the middle of placing everyone they hired this season so a lot of people are on edge.
ssjup81

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I was technically hired or not yet. I was told that I passed all the stages and that they have an interest in me and that they were finishing up my paperwork, but was then told, after questioning them about whether I'm hired and just looking for placement:

Quote:
Dear Wendy,

You will only have a definite position with Interac after the Sales Department approval. Up to that moment, nothing is guaranteed.

That doesn't sound very reassuring, especially since I have to move out by March 28, at least. Maybe it's different for those who are applying from within Japan since it'll take more time to get those from outside of it, sorted and stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: