Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traveling to Peru from the US

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MollyKate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Traveling to Peru from the US Reply with quote

Does anyone have any advice on traveling from the US to Cuzco? I am coming from the Baltimore/Washington area and most of the flights I have looked at have a 7-8hr overnight layover in either Bogota or Lima. Will I be able to leave the airport and get a hotel room for that time? I've never had an overnight layover so I'm just not sure how this would work and am a little nervous as I'll be traveling alone with enough belongings to last me a year.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Traveling to Peru from the US Reply with quote

MollyKate wrote:
Does anyone have any advice on traveling from the US to Cuzco? I am coming from the Baltimore/Washington area and most of the flights I have looked at have a 7-8hr overnight layover in either Bogota or Lima. Will I be able to leave the airport and get a hotel room for that time? I've never had an overnight layover so I'm just not sure how this would work and am a little nervous as I'll be traveling alone with enough belongings to last me a year.

you could get an airport taxi from Lima. They're safe. Expensive, but safe. You might just want to stay at the airport as it's only 7 hours. By the time you go through immigration, pick up your luggage, etc, it might not be worth going to a hotel. There's a left luggage place where you can put your stuff if you decide to just camp out.
Tom boylan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Lima layover Reply with quote

I just stayed at an inexpensive b and b run by an American and Peruvian couple located in San Miguel within Lima. They pick you up at airport in
Ate evening and take you a short ten minutes to their place. Only 4 rooms but nicely done and it's located in a safe gated community next to the Lima zoo. Also close to a large mall with Starbucks and Claro etc.

They charge $15 per person for the room and about $12 for the airport pickup - one way.

You can view the hotel on air b n b website too.
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Traveling to Peru from the US Reply with quote

MollyKate wrote:

1st travel tip, travel LIGHT!

The only things you really need would be items that are difficult to find on the ground or a few electronic gadgets (laptop comes to mind) besides that, you will pick up a TON of stuff while in-country, so again I say pack light.

I have slept in airports, and for an 8 hour layover, is what I normally do, simply cause the hassle to get my bags, go to a hotel, check-in, sleep for 5 hours (if you are lucky) and then go back to the airport just isn�t worth it (unless you spend the bucks and stay at one of the nice airport hotels actually located right there).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: