Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teacher loses job over Facebook entries
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Sometimes it's a colleague Reply with quote

Saying stuff online can get you reported by colleagues.Don't know if any of you remember that interesting thread about using Power Point/Multi-Media (some of you wrote and thanked me for it) or the thread on team teaching on which I suggested that it's a nightmare when you have to do it with someone who isn't a team player?Although I kept it all anonymous (I didn't even mention the country/institution/his name), he read it and had me reported to the DOS and head office for posting stuff on Dave's. I got hauled in and told to remove the posts as he'd figured out that he was the guy who was a pain in the a ss. He later resigned because he'd met a bird and the place has been much more harmonious since the nutter with OCD and manic depression left. Being told what I can and can't do by a recruitment consultant is a first. The lesson learned was that, rightly or wrongly, employers do look at their employees' online lives even though it's got sweet FA to do with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: