Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone in or recently in Saudi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Anyone in or recently in Saudi? Reply with quote

I'm on my 4th go around in the Magic Kingdom and while my job is quite good, I would still like to hear from others about KSA and Dave's Saudi forum is blocked here. I can't even tel people that there may be positions with my company of Interlink (which is not the same entity as last year) and I would also like to know if anyone knows of a downloadable proxy server that I might use to read that page. I would also like to view the YouTube videos about Gadaffi that are blocked here also. To me it makes no sense to block the news but they do it anyway.

Has anyone ever received an answer from the Saudi green page people as promised? I have not in 5 years of sending them even for non-provocative urls that seem to have been blocked for no reason. I could possibly understand why KSA does not want the citizenry to know for certain that an Arab leader is dead but why block a newspaper article about a motorcycle accident in Chicago which I tried to read last year?

People can feel free to contact me directly @ [email protected] and I read that e-mail several times daily and I will reply to everyone who responds.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not post a clickable email address like that as it will be picked up by the scammers double quick. Write it out in such a way that their phishing programs can't pick it up.

Can you get onto the Al-Jezeera website - English or Arabic? You will find all the gory films and photos there. In fact they are all over dozens of websites. KSA couldn't possibly have blocked all of them.

VS
Van Gogh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: saudi Reply with quote

I've worked in the happy kingdom twice. Once in Jabail for some queen that had stolen all the customers from BC and set up an EFL school next door, all the teachers had female names, his was Marilyn, as in Monroe, he was 65 and reeked of wee. Everything, I mean everything, from bringing in breakfast to paying teachers on time was a 'drama'.
Years later I worked for BAE, they failed the promotion period. 30 teachers, 15 seats in the coffee room while upstairs two fat Saudi shared a large office with internet access and read newspapers all 4 hours they made an appearance. Teachers had to 'clock in' and if the bus is late, you got your wrist slapped. 20 student per class, in a 20 x20 m room, no desks just chairs because the students would sleep if they had desks to lean on, so they fell asleep and fell on the floor, highly amusing!
Now I'm in Oman, it's nice, Omanis are so laid back some people may consider them lazy, not I!
GOTL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: ESL Teachers Scammed by U.S.-Saudi Fellowship Reply with quote

http://www.worldpress.org/Mideast/3740.cfm#down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: