Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Middle East an option for me?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PattyFlipper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:

I went for about three months using taxis in Abu Dhabi, but found that when we got out of work in the afternoon was apparently siesta time for taxis because it could take up to 30 minutes for an available taxi to pass by... not pleasant when it is over 40C outside.

Hanging around in the Summer heat is certainly an unappealing prospect. Additionally, many colleges and universities in the Gulf are situated in out-of-the way locations, where few, if any, taxis cruise. Arab employers also tend to be less than sympathetic to transportation problems, as due to the all-pervasive car-culture, they find it difficult to get their heads around the fact that a Westerner would chose not to have his or her own vehicle.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: cars Reply with quote

badra bada wotsit wrote

"Very hard to get by without driving in the Middle East. This is my opinion after 16 years in the UAE and KSA combined."

I know that Americans and Saudis worship the Great God Ford. Not all of us do. The internal comustion engine was a creation of the Evil One.
bulgogiboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kona wrote:
bulgogiboy wrote:
RalphReggin wrote:
my main choices are china and spain, not too excsited about sand and desserts , but may consider the Middle east to earn money for a while before heading for greener pasteurs ,, womndering if i would be able to get in ? il'l be finishing up by ba degree ( bachelors ) this year and then will be heading out for parts unknowne ,, not too big on cetla , seems like a waiste of time and money but if thats what it takes to get in to the bigger dollars , in the Middle east , then i would consider it ,, sounds like it would be pretty easy what is it 150 hours or something ? sounds like it could be knocked out in 2 to 3 weeks tottal ,, i am a life long hard worker used to giveing it my all in whatever i do ,,, the only thing i worry about really is the heat ,,, but man does that Middle east money sound apeeling ,, so does any one know any peticular countries or cities that would be worth hitting up with just a ba or POSIBLY also a cetla if it comes to that ??

Ok, after looking at this post I have to retract what I have just said. If the OP's CV is anything like the quoted text then it'll be straight into the bin. Seriously, are you trolling or what? And what does your lack of a sweet tooth have to do with looking for a job? Laughing

bulgogiboy, I think your mixing two separate posters up: overhere has three MA's and a JD, and RalphReggin is the one with bad punctuation and spelling. Maybe you could address the OP instead of the other guy that butted into the thread.

My mistake, I thought he was the OP.
posh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public transport is so bad in the ME that 10 year old boys have to drive.
bulgogiboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kona wrote:
bulgogiboy wrote:
RalphReggin wrote:
my main choices are china and spain, not too excsited about sand and desserts , but may consider the Middle east to earn money for a while before heading for greener pasteurs ,, womndering if i would be able to get in ? il'l be finishing up by ba degree ( bachelors ) this year and then will be heading out for parts unknowne ,, not too big on cetla , seems like a waiste of time and money but if thats what it takes to get in to the bigger dollars , in the Middle east , then i would consider it ,, sounds like it would be pretty easy what is it 150 hours or something ? sounds like it could be knocked out in 2 to 3 weeks tottal ,, i am a life long hard worker used to giveing it my all in whatever i do ,,, the only thing i worry about really is the heat ,,, but man does that Middle east money sound apeeling ,, so does any one know any peticular countries or cities that would be worth hitting up with just a ba or POSIBLY also a cetla if it comes to that ??

Ok, after looking at this post I have to retract what I have just said. If the OP's CV is anything like the quoted text then it'll be straight into the bin. Seriously, are you trolling or what? And what does your lack of a sweet tooth have to do with looking for a job? Laughing

bulgogiboy, I think your mixing two separate posters up: overhere has three MA's and a JD, and RalphReggin is the one with bad punctuation and spelling. Maybe you could address the OP instead of the other guy that butted into the thread.

Oops! My mistake!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: